Re: News and Games around the NHL

While I think Binner still has tons of potential, it sadly seems like it's going to go to waste for the next few years with this piecemeal Blues roster. If you can get some big pieces in return that will jive with our prospects that are a few years out, I think you have to consider the offer and commit to the rebuild.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:57 am
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 am"... Jaden Schwartz stepped on a puck and lost his balance — causing his skate blade to cut Eberle"? Clearly a paid "accident" contracted by the replacement top prospect who wants desperately to play pro hockey in Seattle rather than in the freakin' desert.
It's incredibly jarring to see Schwartz involved in a freak accident without coming away injured himself.
Eberle's leg broke his fall.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:54 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:28 pm Back off oilers. Binner's OUR goalie.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/edmonton- ... ing-goalie
It's possible that the Blues could take back Jack Campbell in addition to whatever other pieces they are interested in.
I'd be absolutely shocked if a deal involved Campbell. I've speculated about Binnington to Edmonton for a couple weeks now. I know Armstrong is willing to make decisive roster moves, but I wonder if he'd be willing to pull the chute on the season this early when they've been playing better of late (note: I did not see any of the last game). Edmonton is getting desperate though, and there's a new President above the GM now so Ken Holland is probably feeling more heat than he has in 30 years.
If they made a swap there would have to be a good pick coming back. Edmonton cannot keep missing these playoff windows when they have two of the best players in the League. Their time has to be now.

Looks like the yearly Parayko to Edmonton rumors have shifted to Binner to Edmonton.

The Blues haven't called their team a rebuild yet and bringing in a guy like Kevin Hayes is a message to the team Army believes they can still compete for a playoff spot. Trading the starting goalie so early in the season would send a very mixed message to the team and locker room. I would say this may be something more trade deadline worthy, but Edmonton might not be able to wait that long.

They better be damn sure Hofer can be the guy if they go that route.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:57 am
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 am "... Jaden Schwartz stepped on a puck and lost his balance — causing his skate blade to cut Eberle"? Clearly a paid "accident" contracted by the replacement top prospect who wants desperately to play pro hockey in Seattle rather than in the freakin' desert.
It's incredibly jarring to see Schwartz involved in a freak accident without coming away injured himself.
Exactly what I was thinking. He’d better keep his eyes open, Final Destination was just launched.
big d note wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:44 pm Holy crap.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow. Amazing.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:57 pm Turgeon, Hitch and apparently Tom Barrasso all represent the Note entering the Hall tonight. That's cool.
Hitch was absolutely the right coach at the right time when he arrived here. That was a great example of a coach and roster being perfect matches for each other. They never quite had the right healthy goalie at the right time in the playoffs until 2016, but he absolutely got the most out of those teams.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:58 am They've arrested someone(obviously has to be the other player) for manslaughter in the death of Adam Johnson.

I have not watched the video and won't but was there intent by the player? Obviously not to kill him, but was there a clear intent to injure?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-not ... e-67419951
The internet will have a lot of opinions breaking down a tragic 1.5 seconds like the Zapruder film, but it seems to me the opposing player flailed his leg in an unnatural manner. Again, not intending to kill him, but Johnson wasn't low enough to the ice for the leg of a falling player to get that high on him in an ordinary hockey play. Some of the family of Johnson has been calling for legal repercussions, I believe.

i accidentally saw the video as it scrolled by in gif form on X. if you looked up "distinct kicking motion" in the dictionary, you'd see this. there is zero question this was intentional. you don't accidentally do a back kick at head level at a guy. even if you "meant" to kick him in the chest and it slid up to his throat, you meant to attack with a blade and force. "manslaughter" is being too kind IMO, based on what i saw.