Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:34 pm

We've been asking if the Sharks will set the record for fewest points ever, but maybe we should be asking of they'll ever record another point again.
They are just getting the jump on tanking for Reilly and Jonesy, who will both be draft-eligible after Season 12 wraps early next year.
Seems like they might already be on the roster.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 am "... Jaden Schwartz stepped on a puck and lost his balance — causing his skate blade to cut Eberle"? Clearly a paid "accident" contracted by the replacement top prospect who wants desperately to play pro hockey in Seattle rather than in the freakin' desert.
It's incredibly jarring to see Schwartz involved in a freak accident without coming away injured himself.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:28 pm Back off oilers. Binner's OUR goalie.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/edmonton- ... ing-goalie
It's possible that the Blues could take back Jack Campbell in addition to whatever other pieces they are interested in.
I'd be absolutely shocked if a deal involved Campbell. I've speculated about Binnington to Edmonton for a couple weeks now. I know Armstrong is willing to make decisive roster moves, but I wonder if he'd be willing to pull the chute on the season this early when they've been playing better of late (note: I did not see any of the last game). Edmonton is getting desperate though, and there's a new President above the GM now so Ken Holland is probably feeling more heat than he has in 30 years.