Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at CalGary - 8:00 10/26 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

The Blues played a lot better tonight than over the last couple games. Starting Bortuzzo and going with 7 D-men was the right move. They played with energy and spirit (other than Hayes, skating at half speed. He's too old and slow to play full-out all season long, and so, is on cruise control until the playoff stretch. Probably a wasted signing. We'll find out if he comes out to play full-bore later in the season when the chips are down.

Vrana was benched for unspirited play. I hope he's not having concentration problems because his personal problems have returned. Maybe he'll try harder after seeing how his usual fellow partner-in-crime (slacker) Kapanen, worked hard tonight and scored and helped his team win. It's a shame. Vrana has the skills to be a difference-making regular 30+ goal scorer.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at CalGary - 8:00 10/26 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:42 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:46 pm Vrana and Tucker Benched. Bortuzzo and Perunovich go in as Blues go with 7 D.
Any doubt Vrana was in the doghouse are gone. Guess he's Berube's new scapegoat.
Hoping it’s on-ice, and not a return of off-ice, issues. Maybe it’s off-ice and he’s getting help he needs but is in no condition to play right now?
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:44 pm Screw the goals this is what we are here for

Bortz knows why he’s playing, fuck yeah! Although I give that decision to Grier. Also, no - fuck you, I won’t be “catching” shit on BSMW. I hope you fucking die.