Re: News and Games around the NHL

I find it absolutely insane that 4 of the 12 teams played last night with only 11 forwards because of salary cap issues. Including both teams in the Canucks Oilers game.

I’m not sure how the NHLPA allowed this to happened. If you spend to the cap you shouldn’t be punished because a guy gets injured and you can’t call anyone up from the AHL. They need to rework this.
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:18 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:39 pm Well it happened. Wi-fi gets the instigator.

Haven’t seen Reaves get muscled like that before.

That’s not a real fight, but yeah, I’m with NHLTIM - decision wifi. And yes, you’re right - I don’t recall the last time I saw Reaves get muscled like that. Wow. Wifi is legit.
Requires a rematch away from boards/nets. Wifi (love that none of us are even attempting to spell that name) earns points from me for having gloves off immediately but not throwing punches until Reaves had a chance to recognize the gloves were off and the scrap had started.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:34 am I find it absolutely insane that 4 of the 12 teams played last night with only 11 forwards because of salary cap issues. Including both teams in the Canucks Oilers game.

I’m not sure how the NHLPA allowed this to happened. If you spend to the cap you shouldn’t be punished because a guy gets injured and you can’t call anyone up from the AHL. They need to rework this.
It's wild. I believe the PA could've invoked a cap escalation which would've given teams more relief and decrease the odds of this happening, but it'd increase the escrow amount coming out of the players checks. As we've learned from decades of lockouts, the players hate escrow like the League hates sending players to the Olympics. With the cap projected to increase a little over $4 million next season, hopefully this is the last year we see this on such a large scale.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:44 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:39 pm Well it happened. Wi-fi gets the instigator.

Haven’t seen Reaves get muscled like that before.

That’s not a real fight, but yeah, I’m with NHLTIM - decision wifi. And yes, you’re right - I don’t recall the last time I saw Reaves get muscled like that. Wow. Wifi is legit.
Requires a rematch away from boards/nets. Wifi (love that none of us are even attempting to spell that name) earns points from me for having gloves off immediately but not throwing punches until Reaves had a chance to recognize the gloves were off and the scrap had started.
Wifi = jeremie p.....something?

I dont understand the wifi thing but also watched fight w no sound
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 pm

His name is Arber Xhekaj and his nickname is Wifi because his last name sounds like a WiFi password.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:55 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 pm

His name is Arber Xhekaj and his nickname is Wifi because his last name sounds like a WiFi password.
Holy wowsers.... Wifi it is!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!