Re: Preseason GDT: Blues v Bedard - 7:30 NHL Network

Solid game for Hofer.

One thing about these highlights is in Bedard clip of him coming across the blueline, once he gets into the Blues zone, both d-men and Neighbours who are in front of him just drop and drop and drop opening the ice completely up for him. The Blues did this crap all last year, not being tough at the blueline and just giving the guy the entire zone. I hate how soft out defense is. Its maddening

Also Blues are once again giving up too many shots and not creating enough of their own. They've been outshot 65 to 38 these last two preseason games.

Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:20 am Definitely a preseason GDT. Going to need to see a lot more from you boys this season. Step it up, play a 200-page game, get posts to the page. Doesn’t have to be fancy, but clips are always appreciated
Veteran posters just working on our conditioning and staying healthy in the preseason. Great opportunity for the kids to show how much they want it in these preseason games. Smart posts, clips in deep, maybe even drop the gloves with an oppoenent.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:21 am Solid game for Hofer.

One thing about these highlights is in Bedard clip of him coming across the blueline, once he gets into the Blues zone, both d-men and Neighbours who are in front of him just drop and drop and drop opening the ice completely up for him. The Blues did this crap all last year, not being tough at the blueline and just giving the guy the entire zone. I hate how soft out defense is. Its maddening

Also Blues are once again giving up too many shots and not creating enough of their own. They've been outshot 65 to 38 these last two preseason games.

So, about this soft defense issue. I'm wondering if Hunter Skinner is going to get a closer look. He dished out five hits in 13:23 of ice time with two shots on goal. We know Tucker is going to be in their plans as well.

Nick Ritchie also had four hits. I think he's definitely on the radar for gaining a spot on the roster for some fourth line toughness.

T.C. wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:20 am Definitely a preseason GDT. Going to need to see a lot more from you boys this season. Step it up, play a 200-page game, get posts to the page. Doesn’t have to be fancy, but clips are always appreciated
Once i get a real boy job I'll be posting more.

I went back to a warehouse job i worked at for 10 years, 10 years ago, to help a friend out and i work noon to 930pm.

They don't allow cell phones, unless you're a supervisor...or have been here 5+ yrs (alot of turnover bc the pay is shit and they treat their staff like children)

So I'll be back. No worries. I'll flood GDT's when I get good and excited........or pissed....
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:37 am Btw, MacMac took 15 shifts for 12 minutes of ice time and did not register a shot attempt, a takeaway, a blocked shot, or a hit. He had the same stat line as everyone reading this. Talk about playing your way off a team. Ritchie is a lock to make the opening night lineup.
Shit's getting real now. I think Neighbours is on the hot seat too.
He should be worried too. The way I see it right now there is one 4th line spot open, if Ritchie hasn't claimed it already?

Centers:
Schenn
Thomas
Hayes
Sunny

LW:
Buch
Saad
Vrana
Torop

RW:
Kyrou
Kap
Blais
Ritchie,Neighbours, Alexandrov, Walker,Mac
Just a Russian propaganda account

I picked up a stream between p1-p2 and watched the final 2... seems like the Blues played more wanna-be's than the Hawks... Blues have a cupboard full of goalies... agree that Skinner looks pretty good... also agree that Neighbors is looking more like a jag...Bolduc looks more dynamic. lastly, poor Panger... I know it's a national game, and he's supposed to try and seem neutral, but man, he seemed unhappy to me... only heard one 9 of hearts ...don't recall any holy-jumpin's...didn't seem like his old self at all, and that's sad.