Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:59 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:51 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:09 pm Apparently Blues players who win the fastest skater competition can't skate very fast. 🤷‍♂️
I'm almost certain all of this came from the player tracking chips in the jerseys. Change your "can't" to "don't" and you might be onto something.
Good call.

Someone needs to start skating then.
Yeah the only easy conclusions you can draw from this are:
A. He wasn't skating as hard as he needed to last year
B. He was dealing with a nagging injury last year
C. He's not as fast as we think he is.

You could convince me of any of the above.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:04 pm Incredible. They were both widely expected to be gone this offseason and now they are there for another 7 years. I can't quite figure out what the Jets are, they seem to be constantly in flux.

Wow! I'm particularly shocked about Scheifele. I think his deal is going to age like milk, but good for them The deals don't start until next season, so the Jets at least know who they are for a while.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:56 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:04 pm Incredible. They were both widely expected to be gone this offseason and now they are there for another 7 years. I can't quite figure out what the Jets are, they seem to be constantly in flux.

Wow, that's wild. I'm not even sure they want to be there nor does a lot of the Jets fanbase.

It's all about the money I guess.
They just seem to be stuck where the Blues spent so many years. A good team, will make the playoffs, will make some noise but never good enough to actually win anything.

What it means for the Blues is you've got Colorado and Dallas as a TOUGH top two in the division. Throw in the Jets and the Wild who many forget had over 100 points last season and the playoff spots are dwindling.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Wow, that's wild. I'm not even sure they want to be there nor does a lot of the Jets fanbase.

They just seem to be stuck where the Blues spent so many years. A good team, will make the playoffs, will make some noise but never good enough to actually win anything.

What it means for the Blues is you've got Colorado and Dallas as a TOUGH top two in the division. Throw in the Jets and the Wild who many forget had over 100 points last season and the playoff spots are dwindling.
I take a different view of what it means. At present the top 3 of Colorado, Dallas and Minnesota are locked to me. The Jets are 4, but have now limited their competitive window to the next 2-3 years as those 2 age and Connor and Ehlers hit UFA. When the Blues are truly competitive again in a couple years, I expect the Jets to be an off the board.

I think everything all parties involved say about these things are negotiating ploys.