Re: Preseason GDT: Blues vs CBJ

T.C. wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:36 am Based on that video, Ritchie doesn’t seem like a fantastic fighter. Serviceable. I don’t know much about him.
Younger sources are telling me the Flames put him out in a must win shootout last year and he became a meme. Otherwise, he's a 2014 first rounder who can't really keep pace with the game too well at the pro level. That said, he played in over 70 games last year and put up 26 points. So if he makes it, he enhances our bottom six scoring, which looking back now, my lord we had some passengers rounding out last year's squad. Long term, its a good chance its not the last NHL PTO he signs. He brings the heavy.

T.C. wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:36 am Based on that video, Ritchie doesn’t seem like a fantastic fighter. Serviceable. I don’t know much about him.
Ritchie can handle himself fine in fights. Just gotta remember to tie that jersey down.

And end with a fight I'd say he probably gets the loss in but throwing some bombs in a tough close fight.

Just a Russian propaganda account

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:43 am
Younger sources are telling me the Flames put him out in a must win shootout last year and he became a meme. Otherwise, he's a 2014 first rounder who can't really keep pace with the game too well at the pro level. That said, he played in over 70 games last year and put up 26 points. So if he makes it, he enhances our bottom six scoring, which looking back now, my lord we had some passengers rounding out last year's squad. Long term, its a good chance its not the last NHL PTO he signs. He brings the heavy.
Guys who are big, can fight, and can score double digit goals are always welcome on my 4th line. MacMac having a guaranteed contract really hurts Ritchie's chances though.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:37 am
Guys who are big, can fight, and can score double digit goals are always welcome on my 4th line. MacMac having a guaranteed contract really hurts Ritchie's chances though.
You might be right, but I really don't think so with Mac. He has to pass through waivers to go to Springfield, but I think the second year of his contract basically guarantees nobody would claim him. If Ritchie proves to be one of the top 13 forwards, I think he still makes the team. I'm withholding judgement on Ritchie's game either way until I see him. I know he put up 26 points last year, which is solid for a 4th liner, but 9 of those points came on Arizona's power play, and he's not going to be getting PP minutes with the Blues. If the coaches/management think he deserves a spot, great. If not I'll trust them on this one.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:56 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:37 am

You might be right, but I really don't think so with Mac. He has to pass through waivers to go to Springfield, but I think the second year of his contract basically guarantees nobody would claim him. If Ritchie proves to be one of the top 13 forwards, I think he still makes the team. I'm withholding judgement on Ritchie's game either way until I see him. I know he put up 26 points last year, which is solid for a 4th liner, but 9 of those points came on Arizona's power play, and he's not going to be getting PP minutes with the Blues. If the coaches/management think he deserves a spot, great. If not I'll trust them on this one.
Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty throwawayable(a word?) guy and this teams success certainly won't come down to Nick Ritchie. But he's had 13, 12, 15 goals the last 3 season so he's fairly consistent in double digit goals. Being able to chip in on the PP certainly isn't a negative. Let him be that Maroon screen bang in rebound guy on the PP for all I care. We were 22nd on the PP last year so I'm open to trying something different.