Re: Blues to Name Captain Tomorrow

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:13 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm When 55 first showed up and played like an animal, I was sure he was the second coming of 44. Not so much. He is IMHO a serviceable minute eater who with the right tutorial would have been our C. Now I see a d man that you can have for 2 mill on any team in the league. Sucks when your too nice.
Parayko is still a really fast skater... has great reach... and is okay on the transition. He is more of a Jay Boumeister type player... which makes sense. The upside... considering how bad he was last year... anything will be an improvement.
There have been a few red flags in regards to him over the years.

He stopped using that bomb of a shot he has.
He is much too passive.
He has a bad back.

He really could have been great but some mental limitations and a physical limitation really stalled his career.

Re: Blues to Name Captain Tomorrow

BluesSK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:35 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:13 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm When 55 first showed up and played like an animal, I was sure he was the second coming of 44. Not so much. He is IMHO a serviceable minute eater who with the right tutorial would have been our C. Now I see a d man that you can have for 2 mill on any team in the league. Sucks when your too nice.
Parayko is still a really fast skater... has great reach... and is okay on the transition. He is more of a Jay Boumeister type player... which makes sense. The upside... considering how bad he was last year... anything will be an improvement.
There have been a few red flags in regards to him over the years.

He stopped using that bomb of a shot he has.
He is much too passive.
He has a bad back.

He really could have been great but some mental limitations and a physical limitation really stalled his career.
I'm of the opinion that his dip the last few years has been almost entirely due to the back. If he's ever going to be as effective as he was in 2019, I worry it'll require adjustments in his game to account for diminished physical ability. How do you do that? I don't know, but hopefully he does.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!