Re: Bally Sports Midwest expected to charge $20-$30 monthly for direct access

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:30 am
BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:28 am Some lunatics on Twitter actually suggested Joe Vitale. They must be either insane or related to him.

I saw Mike McKenna mentioned and that would be a really interesting choice. He's a cerebral guy and really knows the game and I'm sure he can pronounce lackadaisical.
McKenna is a great call. I don't know if he's done in game analysis, but I believe he's done a good job at intermissions. Best idea with a reasonable chance of actually happening yet. Points for SK!
It was someone on Twitter and I really liked the idea. So kudos to them.

I haven't heard him do intermission calls but I've heard him on some podcasts and interviews. He really knows his stuff and breaks it down nicely for the average listener.

if you're holding out hope the Blues are going to hire anyone more than just a guy, you're giving yourself false hope.

https://theathletic.com/4593659/2023/06 ... lackhawks/

Once Pang became aware of the Blackhawks’ pursuit, he acknowledged that he was intrigued because of the current climate with the regional sports networks (RSNs).

“The Bally Sports regionals are, as everybody’s read, in financial distress,” Pang said. “I know the L.A. Kings let go a really terrific play-by-play guy in Alex Faust (after Bally’s deal with the Kings expired and the team combined its TV and radio broadcasts). There’s probably going to be more changes. There’s probably going to be more simulcasts. There’s probably going to be more ways to streamline expenses.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:00 pm if you're holding out hope the Blues are going to hire anyone more than just a guy, you're giving yourself false hope.

Once Pang became aware of the Blackhawks’ pursuit, he acknowledged that he was intrigued because of the current climate with the regional sports networks (RSNs).

“The Bally Sports regionals are, as everybody’s read, in financial distress,” Pang said. “I know the L.A. Kings let go a really terrific play-by-play guy in Alex Faust (after Bally’s deal with the Kings expired and the team combined its TV and radio broadcasts). There’s probably going to be more changes. There’s probably going to be more simulcasts. There’s probably going to be more ways to streamline expenses.
Ok, fine. I'll take over for Panger.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:14 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:00 pm if you're holding out hope the Blues are going to hire anyone more than just a guy, you're giving yourself false hope.

Ok, fine. I'll take over for Panger.
Free poutine!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:11 pm
big d note wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:36 pm I remember young Danny Mac on Blues broadcasts back in the day. Maybe he's desperate enough to work for Sinclair prices at this point? He's probably making calls already.
I'm sure he'd take any job at this point. I'm not sure they'd hire him back so quickly after firing him.

No thanks... give the chance to someone who isn't a big piece of shit

big d note wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:36 pm I remember young Danny Mac on Blues broadcasts back in the day. Maybe he's desperate enough to work for Sinclair prices at this point? He's probably making calls already.
I'm sure he'd take any job at this point. I'm not sure they'd hire him back so quickly after firing him.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:44 pm

And more to the point, he's a play by play guy not an analyst.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:31 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:44 pm

And more to the point, he's a play by play guy not an analyst.
Yes. That role is generally reserved for former players.

For those that can watch Blues games, this is from JR's mailbag in the Athletic.

Who is taking Darren Pang’s job? Will Joey Vitale move to TV? — Susan P.

There’s still no decision from Bally, but as I said the day Pang’s departure became official, I think Jamie Rivers remains the front-runner. I believe Vitale has some interest, but I don’t know where that will go. They could end up rotating a group of analysts, but at the moment, it still seems like Rivers is who they have their eye on.

https://theathletic.com/4710425/2023/07 ... rren-pang/

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am For those that can watch Blues games, this is from JR's mailbag in the Athletic.

There’s still no decision from Bally, but as I said the day Pang’s departure became official, I think Jamie Rivers remains the front-runner. I believe Vitale has some interest, but I don’t know where that will go. They could end up rotating a group of analysts, but at the moment, it still seems like Rivers is who they have their eye on.

Winner is absolultely going to be whichever analyst ends up the lowest bidder.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:40 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am For those that can watch Blues games, this is from JR's mailbag in the Athletic.

Winner is absolultely going to be whichever analyst ends up the lowest bidder.
Either of them will work for literal peanuts and we will suffer for it. They are both awful.