Re: GDT: Blues vs Rangers - 7:00 4/6

As much as I love seeing Toropchenko, Kapanen, and other younger/newer players doing well, it's frustrating falling out of the Bedard sweepstakes entirely.
If we played the entire season the way we've played since the trade deadline (22 points in 18 games), we'd be edging Seattle out for the first wildcard spot right now (before their game tonight), and well ahead of Winnipeg for the second wildcard.

I'm okay with this OT victory. I'd rather have had their new and younger players play well, like they have, rather than having them lose most of their last 20 games, like The Tank fans wanted. The difference between the quality of The 7th and 12th choices doesn't (on the surface) seem to be that great. The Blues' scouts have had to do their best job possible, in any case. And we have to hope that Army will make well-informed and logical choices. Blues management has gotten to get a decent look at some of their youthful players, and recent pick-ups in order to be better prepared to make the best off-season personnel decisions they can.

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:36 pm As much as I love seeing Toropchenko, Kapanen, and other younger/newer players doing well, it's frustrating falling out of the Bedard sweepstakes entirely.
If we played the entire season the way we've played since the trade deadline (22 points in 18 games), we'd be edging Seattle out for the first wildcard spot right now (before their game tonight), and well ahead of Winnipeg for the second wildcard.
Just think how much money Bedard would eventually cost and fuck up our cap. Blues have thrived on being deep under Army so think positive that we’ll have a great draft. If they do, then we’ll be in great shape!

I don't fault the players for playing. This was kind of a fucked year... once Perron wasn't resigned the writing was on the wall... O'Reilly was pretty much playing for the trade deadline all season... Tarasenko had already demanded to be traded, there circumstance where he was re-signing here. Armstrong got a good return... the Blues have three first round picks.. one top ten. I don't think you could ask for more considering the state of affairs. Time to take a deep breath and repeat the Blues Fan Creed... Next Season Will Be Better.

I don't fault the players for playing. This was kind of a fucked year... once Perron wasn't resigned the writing was on the wall... O'Reilly was pretty much playing for the trade deadline all season... Tarasenko had already demanded to be traded, there circumstance where he was re-signing here. Armstrong got a good return... the Blues have three first round picks.. one top ten. I don't think you could ask for more considering the state of affairs. Time to take a deep breath and repeat the Blues Fan Creed... Next Season Will Be Better.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:53 am I don't fault the players for playing. This was kind of a fucked year... once Perron wasn't resigned the writing was on the wall... O'Reilly was pretty much playing for the trade deadline all season... Tarasenko had already demanded to be traded, there circumstance where he was re-signing here. Armstrong got a good return... the Blues have three first round picks.. one top ten. I don't think you could ask for more considering the state of affairs. Time to take a deep breath and repeat the Blues Fan Creed... Next Season Will Be Better.
Actually our top pick is currently tied with Ottawa for 11th-12th. Same points in same # of games, they have more regulation wins than we do so they'd be 12th right now and we'd still have a slight chance in the Bedard sweepstakes with the #11 pick.

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:32 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:53 am I don't fault the players for playing. This was kind of a fucked year... once Perron wasn't resigned the writing was on the wall... O'Reilly was pretty much playing for the trade deadline all season... Tarasenko had already demanded to be traded, there circumstance where he was re-signing here. Armstrong got a good return... the Blues have three first round picks.. one top ten. I don't think you could ask for more considering the state of affairs. Time to take a deep breath and repeat the Blues Fan Creed... Next Season Will Be Better.
Actually our top pick is currently tied with Ottawa for 11th-12th. Same points in same # of games, they have more regulation wins than we do so they'd be 12th right now and we'd still have a slight chance in the Bedard sweepstakes with the #11 pick.
DAMN THOSE PLAYERS FOR TRYING!1!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:19 am
Where was that effort when the games actually mattered??
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:07 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:19 am

Where was that effort when the games actually mattered??
TOO MANY BEGGER ASS KIDS WEARING THEM OUT ASKING FOR FREE STICKS!!!