Re: GDT: Blues vs Flyers - 7:00 4/4

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:11 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:40 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Note: This is not meant in an argumentative way, there's just nothing else to really talk about with this team right now.

I assume this play is the one you're talking about from Binnington:

While the paddle save from his belly was neat, it was only neccessary because he made a horrible mistake and was flopping around like a fish, thereby leaving the net wide open. This sequence should've been an absolute non-event.

This feels like you’re being contrarian just to be contrarian. Horrible mistake of what, squaring up the shooter that the defense was letting skate free? He went down first because he thought the guy was going to try and stuff it in behind him after he held onto it instead of shooting which is why you see him throw his glove hand to the ice. That’s not what I’d call a “huge mistake” or flopping like a fish.
Goalies should keep their outer edge there and be able to push off to the other post. He overcommitted and lost his edge. Should've been a non event. He was OK not great the rest of the game.

My "real talk" big picture Binnington take is that he's an incredible big game goalie that absolutely cannot be trusted over 60 regular season starts. He loses interest or focus or whatever and becomes unreliable over large swathes of the season. He can be fantastic when locked in and the team is rising up around him, but if one of those two factors is not 100%, look out.
Today I learned goalies should never come out to challenge a shooter and cut off angles that they should always stay buried in goal glued to the post. On a 2 on 1 nonetheless. Interesting!

How have we gone from if Kadri hadn’t hurt him the Blues win last year to he’s no better than a random 22 year old 7th rounder
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:28 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:40 pm

This feels like you’re being contrarian just to be contrarian. Horrible mistake of what, squaring up the shooter that the defense was letting skate free? He went down first because he thought the guy was going to try and stuff it in behind him after he held onto it instead of shooting which is why you see him throw his glove hand to the ice. That’s not what I’d call a “huge mistake” or flopping like a fish.
Goalies should keep their outer edge there and be able to push off to the other post. He overcommitted and lost his edge. Should've been a non event. He was OK not great the rest of the game.

My "real talk" big picture Binnington take is that he's an incredible big game goalie that absolutely cannot be trusted over 60 regular season starts. He loses interest or focus or whatever and becomes unreliable over large swathes of the season. He can be fantastic when locked in and the team is rising up around him, but if one of those two factors is not 100%, look out.
Today I learned goalies should never come out to challenge a shooter and cut off angles that they should always stay buried in goal glued to the post. On a 2 on 1 nonetheless. Interesting!

How have we gone from if Kadri hadn’t hurt him the Blues win last year to he’s no better than a random 22 year old 7th rounder
Yes, this is a goalie with 0 help that has played the situation perfectly. :roll:
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:37 am

Yes, this is a goalie with 0 help that has played the situation perfectly. :roll:
Screenshot 2023-04-06 103539.png
Taking a screenshot of an entire play is when you know you've lost the plot. moving on.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:37 am

Screenshot 2023-04-06 103539.png
Taking a screenshot of an entire play is when you know you've lost the plot. moving on.
I will never concede this point! Binnington messed up one play!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!