Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Canucks - 7:00 3/28

Robb_K wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:15 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:53 pm

Maybe he will be better next year and when that happens... I will say... "Hey his shot has really improved."
I haven't see enough of him or paid attention. Is his shot that bad? Please expand on what's wrong with it. Is it weak, doesn't shoot enough, or what?
His shooting more would certainly help. That's a pretty common problem for NHL rookies. He's looked a lot more comfortable in his last few games. I think he'll be fine, with a big jump early next season. Both he and Snuggeruud should help this team greatly. And Hofer will help a lot, too. I'd just feel, a lot better, overall, if Army could do something significant to help The Team's defence.
Agreed, thanks Rob!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:23 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:36 am

I haven't see enough of him or paid attention. Is his shot that bad? Please expand on what's wrong with it. Is it weak, doesn't shoot enough, or what?
His shooting more would certainly help. That's a pretty common problem for NHL rookies. He's looked a lot more comfortable in his last few games. I think he'll be fine, with a big jump early next season. Both he and Snuggeruud should help this team greatly. And Hofer will help a lot, too. I'd just feel, a lot better, overall, if Army could do something significant to help The Team's defence.
Agreed, thanks Rob!!
Shooting way to high... no real power, no release. didn't show any strength on the stick in shooting situations. Maybe it was a bad game for him... I am only relaying what I saw at the game on TUesday.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:44 pm
Agreed, thanks Rob!!
Shooting way to high... no real power, no release. didn't show any strength on the stick in shooting situations. Maybe it was a bad game for him... I am only relaying what I saw at the game on Tuesday.
He may well need someone to work with him on his shot. But IF he's so bad at it (as The Captain described), how did he score so many goals in college games? And why didn't his coaches notice those deficiencies, and try to get him some help on that problem?

Robb_K wrote:
BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:23 pm Agreed, thanks Rob!!
Shooting way to high... no real power, no release. didn't show any strength on the stick in shooting situations. Maybe it was a bad game for him... I am only relaying what I saw at the game on Tuesday.
He may well need someone to work with him on his shot. But IF he's so bad at it (as The Captain described), how did he score so many goals in college games? And why didn't his coaches notice those deficiencies, and try to get him some help on that problem?
Well Jaskin didn't have a shot and he scored a bunch of goals in juniors and wasn't all that bad in AHL either. And Ty Rattie had no NHL caliber shot at all and he scored over 50+ in Juniors a couple times too. So I guess in lesser levels, you can get away with it.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm

Agreed, thanks Rob!!

Why couldn't Mark Rycroft score in the NHL? Why do a lot of people who score in college not score in high leagues? I am only relating what I saw from the ice on Tuesday.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm

Agreed, thanks Rob!!

Why couldn't Mark Rycroft score in the NHL? Why do a lot of people who score in college not score in high leagues? I am only relating what I saw from the ice on Tuesday.