GDT: St Louis Blues @ Detroit - 6:00 3/23

Berube hasn't announced starting goalie yet. Neighbours getting 1st line minutes is a good thing. Need him to show some life heading into next year.

It's interesting to think about the forwards the Blues have traded away and yet still have 3 pretty solid top lines.

practice lines (3/22):

Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Schenn-Vrana
Blais-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Toropchenko-Walker-Pitlick
* Brown, Leivo

Leddy-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Krug/Rosen-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Hofer
Greiss
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Detroit - 6:00 3/23

Nice to see another (especially comback road) win by The Blues, with Hofer playing well, and Blais staying Hot. Good to see Toropchenko and Neighbours score. Too bad Thomas was out and the lines had to be broken up and re-assembled. The Blues' forwards were good down low, getting there, holding their positions, and knocking in rebounds. The defence has looked much better since Krug has been out. I'd rather see this than The Blues losing 18 of their last 20 in a "tank", because, even that wouldn't have guaranteed they'd get Bedard. I'm still enthusiastic about next season. I'm confident an armstrong miracle will improve the defence more than we expect.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 pm
BillP wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:39 pm Sammy Blais probably should’ve held out longer for more money haha
It’s good to see. Hope he wins a top 9 spot next year and puts in 20. It’ll be tough cause you know Blues will add some new guys to lineup next year.
I do. too. And The Blues will have a good top 9. But, I want to see Blais' grit in the lineup.
I still think we need a Barbashev type on the third line with Blais on the fourth, who can occasionally move up.

We need a defensively responsible guy who can play special teams.

Since Mike Van Ryn took over the PK it has been really good. Hopefully MacTavish is gone after this season.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:28 pm
Robb_K wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 pm
BillP wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm

It’s good to see. Hope he wins a top 9 spot next year and puts in 20. It’ll be tough cause you know Blues will add some new guys to lineup next year.
I do. too. And The Blues will have a good top 9. But, I want to see Blais' grit in the lineup.
I still think we need a Barbashev type on the third line with Blais on the fourth, who can occasionally move up.

We need a defensively responsible guy who can play special teams.

Since Mike Van Ryn took over the PK it has been really good. Hopefully MacTavish is gone after this season.
And it would be nice for Barbashev to re-Sign with The Blues this offseason.