Re: GDT: Blues vs Wild - 8:30 3/15 - TNT

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:34 am The Binnington hate out there is a riot... so many hurt butts
I think at some point it just became in fashion around the league. I don't mind the crazy asshole routine when he's stopping pucks. Apparently he's got a hearing for last night, which is insane to me. I think they're just bored in the department of player safety since there are so few headshots anymore.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:49 am Jordan Binnington = Ed Belfour

If Army can get this team good again, we got a nut case that can take us all they way to the Cup again.

Get it done Doug!
We need to stop comparing Binnington to crazy hall of famers. He's much more of a crazy average-ish NHL goalie with wild inconsistency. He's more of a Robin Lehner before he got off the sauce.
You just described Eli Manning who won 2 Super Bowls. Overall average-ish regular season QB but a 2 time Champ.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:32 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:34 am The Binnington hate out there is a riot... so many hurt butts
I think at some point it just became in fashion around the league. I don't mind the crazy asshole routine when he's stopping pucks. Apparently he's got a hearing for last night, which is insane to me. I think they're just bored in the department of player safety since there are so few headshots anymore.
Goalies have traditionally been hot heads... you want that... not some pussy like Ryan Miller hiding behind his big hat.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:30 am

If Army can get this team good again, we got a nut case that can take us all they way to the Cup again.

Get it done Doug!
We need to stop comparing Binnington to crazy hall of famers. He's much more of a crazy average-ish NHL goalie with wild inconsistency. He's more of a Robin Lehner before he got off the sauce.
Ok you went polar opposite now. Also, Binner's insanity seems limited to the ice. Have some respect for a Cup winner!!
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:06 am

Get it done Doug!
Ok you went polar opposite now. Also, Binner's insanity seems limited to the ice. Have some respect for a Cup winner!!
I just like when the Blues goalie stops pucks! I enjoy goalie fights and antics. 2019 Binner was great, I miss him. The defense is obviously trash now, but Binnington has not really helped much. I don't mind the craziness if he's playing well. He's not.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:32 am
Goalies have traditionally been hot heads... you want that... not some pussy like Ryan Miller hiding behind his big hat.
I just want a goalie to stop pucks. Whatever mindset helps them do that is fine with me. Seems to me his crazy factor has increased in a 1:1 ratio with his play and the team D slipping overall.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:11 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:06 am

I just like when the Blues goalie stops pucks! I enjoy goalie fights and antics. 2019 Binner was great, I miss him. The defense is obviously trash now, but Binnington has not really helped much. I don't mind the craziness if he's playing well. He's not.
He leads all goalies in penalty minutes and that's what matters!
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:52 am
Dave's a mess wrote:

Get it done Doug!
You just described Eli Manning who won 2 Super Bowls. Overall average-ish regular season QB but a 2 time Champ.
In a conversation about personality, I'm not sure I'd ever expect someone to describe Belfour and Eli in the same category.

Peoria Rivermen
Chicago Wolves
Kalamazoo Wings
Providence Bruins
San Antonio Rampage

Those are Jordan Binnington's minor league stops. He has had to fight and claw his way up through all of that. He's a fighter and a survivor and I love that about him. He's not the best but when it really means something he's always given 100%.

I really respect what he's done. And you gotta love the madman angle. 😄

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:52 am
Dave's a mess wrote: We need to stop comparing Binnington to crazy hall of famers. He's much more of a crazy average-ish NHL goalie with wild inconsistency. He's more of a Robin Lehner before he got off the sauce.
In a conversation about personality, I'm not sure I'd ever expect someone to describe Belfour and Eli in the same category.
I'm talking about on field performance, not personality traits. Not a great QB, not a HOF player, but a guy that won 2 titles. I wouldn't put it past Binner if he ever pulls it off again down the line.

That's right, the crowd wanted. The NHL needed it. The game needed it. The players needed it. Juice it up and the refs diffused the whole thing. They never ever, ever, ever get it right. If they did the George Costanza method and took the opposite of every decision they made, the league would be better for it.