Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:14 am GOD damn... starting to lose hope the Blues can crack a top five pick... there are a few teams out there sucking with amazing precision
I think the best we can hope for is picking around 7-10 (I think we're currently at 9).

Don't look now but the Yotes are suddenly playing good hockey and moving up the standings. Blues still holding the 9th spot at 63 points but we've got a big cluster now between 5th-9th. Montreal is at 5th with 58 points.
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:43 am Wow that dude is a madman. As his coach, how would you feel about this?
In a 4-1 game, I love it! And actually all three turned out to just be great passes as a Springfield player was constantly cherry picking and easily the first to the puck. He's giving Marty Brodeur vibes in this video.

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:43 am Wow that dude is a madman. As his coach, how would you feel about this?
If they are up by two goals or more I would love it.

Can't wait for him to try it up here. You know Binnington will be just as competitive then.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:20 am
If they are up by two goals or more I would love it.

Can't wait for him to try it up here. You know Binnington will be just as competitive then.
I just hope either goalie has a 2 goal lead to play with at some point next season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Interesting piece in The Athletic about each teams top pairing Defense and how they rank. Blues is Parayko and Leddy. They are 1 of only 10 pairings with a 5v5 goal differential in the negative ranking 30 out of 32 pairings. Only the Hawks and Jackets had a worse pairing.

By the way, the #2 pairing in hockey is Seattle's Vince Dunn and Adam Larsson.

https://theathletic.com/4293497/2023/03 ... nse-pairs/

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:29 am Was the O'Reilly deal a primer for an even bigger trade in the summer???

https://www.canucksdaily.com/MAJOR-Repo ... mer-215883
That would be hysterical. Next season the Bruins will be stepping backwards a bit as Bergeron and Krejci retire. Tampa will be yet another year older and will likely experience a bit of attrition as some new deals kick in for a couple guys. It would be amazing if the Leafs traded away Matthews the year they're finally most likely to make it out of that division. I hope they do it, but also know that this is just Strickland begging for clicks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:18 am Interesting piece in The Athletic about each teams top pairing Defense and how they rank. Blues is Parayko and Leddy. They are 1 of only 10 pairings with a 5v5 goal differential in the negative ranking 30 out of 32 pairings. Only the Hawks and Jackets had a worse pairing.

By the way, the #2 pairing in hockey is Seattle's Vince Dunn and Adam Larsson.

https://theathletic.com/4293497/2023/03 ... nse-pairs/
I don't know about you, but I'm taking Leddy and Parayko over Dunn and Petro anyday ;)

Coyotes worst to first? That would be insane if that happened. Terrible trade off in logos by the way, going from the Maple Leaf to Coyote...................I guess it's possible Matthews would tell the Leafs, hey, I want to test the market, but at the same time the Toronto Maple Leafs are such an iconic franchise it's hard to believe he'd leave Toronto.

Snuggerud's Minnesota made it to the frozen four and they are many people's pick to win it all as the top seed. I'll be watching and rooting for them! They play tomorrow at 3CST vs Boston U on ESPN2

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:57 amSnuggerud's Minnesota made it to the frozen four and they are many people's pick to win it all as the top seed. I'll be watching and rooting for them! They play tomorrow at 3CST vs Boston U on ESPN2
This semifinal matchup will also be streamed on ESPN+. And the game is at 4 PM CDT, since we're in Daylight Savings Time now.