Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Carolina - 6:00 2/21

BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:30 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:42 pm Outscored 11-3 on this two game road trip

Maybe it wasn’t Tarasenko
I'm never going to blame Tarasenko for Armstrong letting him stew for two seasons. It could have been handled so much differently.
Tarasenko had no value... then demanded a trade. Armstrong looked him off... let him build his stock back up and then sold him at the highest possible value. GOD DAMN he is stupid.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:27 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:42 pm Outscored 11-3 on this two game road trip

Maybe it wasn’t Tarasenko
I'm never going to blame Tarasenko for Armstrong letting him stew for two seasons. It could have been handled so much differently.
Tarasenko had no value... then demanded a trade. Armstrong looked him off... let him build his stock back up and then sold him at the highest possible value. GOD DAMN he is stupid.
The end of last season was his highest possible value. Then he got to sit and watch Thomas and Kyrou get $8M dollar deals while nothing happened with him.

Is it petulant and immature to act like he did? Yeah, maybe. But I think most of us would feel the same.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:16 pm

The end of last season was his highest possible value. Then he got to sit and watch Thomas and Kyrou get $8M dollar deals while nothing happened with him.

Is it petulant and immature to act like he did? Yeah, maybe. But I think most of us would feel the same.
He wasn't going to sign here so it didn't matter that the young guys got paid. Tarasenko's last contract was much bigger relative to the cap at the time he signed than Kyrou/Thomas's deals today.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:21 pm

He wasn't going to sign here so it didn't matter that the young guys got paid. Tarasenko's last contract was much bigger relative to the cap at the time he signed than Kyrou/Thomas's deals today.
It wasn't about signing and it wasn't about the money to the moody Russian.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:26 pm

I guess I misunderstood. I just don't get any Tarasenko griping when he had a monster year after the trade request then a crappy year when everyone else on the team did too.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:24 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:26 pm

I guess I misunderstood. I just don't get any Tarasenko griping when he had a monster year after the trade request then a crappy year when everyone else on the team did too.
I agree with a lot of what both of you said. His value would’ve been highest in the off-season coming off his career year and a full year left on his contract. But I’m guessing Army was hoping to squeeze one more title run out of this core. It turned out he was wrong.

And yeah, there’s not a single player outside of Accairi that played better than expected this year.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I'm not faulting him. Clearly Armstrong had moved on... and he got the most for him... so good on Doogie.