Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Arizona - 8:00 1/26

Jeremy Rutherford

@jprutherford
·
Follow
No easy fix with Blues. To me it’s a combination of …

- roster decisions catching up to them.
- team in transition with players who play different styles and no singular identity.
- poor play by a lot of key players
- can’t let Berube off hook but I don’t think he’s the issue
10:45 PM · Jan 26, 2023

I will never, ever understand why Armstrong didn't trade Tarasenko in the off-season after he demands a trade and has the best year of his career.

His trade value was never ever going to be higher. It's been like am open wound on this team all season.

I should say that I was in favor of re-signing him, but if that was not in the cards why didn't Armstrong trade him?

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:29 am I will never, ever understand why Armstrong didn't trade Tarasenko in the off-season after he demands a trade and has the best year of his career.

His trade value was never ever going to be higher. It's been like am open wound on this team all season.

I should say that I was in favor of re-signing him, but if that was not in the cards why didn't Armstrong trade him?
I agree but also I think his biggest error is what he’s allowed to happen to this defense. He has one of the worst and most expensive defenses.

Big money Multi year deals to Parayko, Faulk, and Krug and multi year deals to Scandella and Leddy and only Faulk seems like a useful NHLer.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:29 am I will never, ever understand why Armstrong didn't trade Tarasenko in the off-season after he demands a trade and has the best year of his career.

I agree that he should have traded him in summer of 2022, but I don't think he's been a distraction this season (granted I'm not in the locker room). There just aren't enough horses on the back end for this team, and certainly not enough to absorb the injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Parayko's been playing hurt for most of the season. I'm not the biggest Scandella fan, but he's an NHL level defenseman that's been out all season. Krug has been out. Leddy was playing a larger role than he was suited for, then was hurt. Same for Mikkola, minus the injury.

That coupled with forwards not on shooting % benders like last year and those defensive mistakes not being erased by a goalie standing on his head puts this team in lottery position.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: I will never, ever understand why Armstrong didn't trade Tarasenko in the off-season after he demands a trade and has the best year of his career.

I'll agree with that. Wasn't a great off season for Army IMO. But he's proven it before, when his back is to the wall, he delivers. And he's getting backed up now, so we'll see how it all unfolds..............

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:03 am

I agree but also I think his biggest error is what he’s allowed to happen to this defense. He has one of the worst and most expensive defenses.

Big money Multi year deals to Parayko, Faulk, and Krug and multi year deals to Scandella and Leddy and only Faulk seems like a useful NHLer.
Well, everyone seemed to be think that defense was going to he a big issue before the season started. Trading Tarasenko for a solid Dman might have alleviated a lot of that.

I think there is a lot of built up tension on this team. Something has to break it. The next couple of seasons are going to be pretty challenging.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:31 am I am so glad this organization sucks again. The Blues are back baby!
It is no longer the 1999-2000 season. It is the 03-04 season. That team actually made the playoffs and this one won't, but the next season was wiped out and the 05-06 team was the worst in the league, so this was the best comparison. Let's just hope Stillman doesn't sell the team to a sleezy guy from MSG with no real money.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:48 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:31 am I am so glad this organization sucks again. The Blues are back baby!
It is no longer the 1999-2000 season. It is the 03-04 season. That team actually made the playoffs and this one won't, but the next season was wiped out and the 05-06 team was the worst in the league, so this was the best comparison. Let's just hope Stillman doesn't sell the team to a sleezy guy from MSG with no real money.
Fire Berube and bring back Mike Kitchen and let him COOK!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Kitchen was pretty bad. He was pissed when he got fired but it was like dude, didn't you realize you suck? He couldn't take the heat anyway, he had to go!

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:36 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Kitchen was pretty bad. He was pissed when he got fired but it was like dude, didn't you realize you suck? He couldn't take the heat anyway, he had to go!
Then make it Keenan! I dont care, anybody named Mike will do. And sign Mike Eastwood

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:33 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:31 amI am so glad this organization sucks again. The Blues are back baby!
Are you saying the "Cup window" has closed?
Windows close all the time the worlds an imperfect place
NOT if you buy top-of-the-line windows like Andersen & Pella & Milgard. The Blues need to fire Berube & bring in Bob Vila ... he knows windows!