2023 WJC thread

The Swiss have already beaten the Fins. The Czechs beat Canada. And our boy Jimmy Snuggiebear scored the first goal for the US in their 5-2 win. USA plays again tomorrow.

I'm telling you, its time you can start hyping this kid up in your mind

Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: 2023 WJC thread

At the risk of derailing DPW's Jimmy "Sniper" Snuggerud Tribute Page (which has taken on a frightening tone of betrayal in the most recent post :? ), here are a couple of tourney blog entries from Chris Peters of FloHockey.TV to set the overall mood for the USA v Canada semifinals matchup on Wed. Jan. 4th @ 5:30 pm Central time ...

2023 World Juniors: Canada Set To Meet United States In Semifinal

2023 World Juniors: USA-Canada Semifinal Preview - Five Factors To Watch

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:22 am At the risk of derailing DPW's Jimmy "Sniper" Snuggerud Tribute Page (which has taken on a frightening tone of betrayal in the most recent post :? ), here are a couple of tourney blog entries from Chris Peters of FloHockey.TV to set the overall mood for the USA v Canada semifinals matchup on Wed. Jan. 4th @ 5:30 pm Central time ...

2023 World Juniors: Canada Set To Meet United States In Semifinal

2023 World Juniors: USA-Canada Semifinal Preview - Five Factors To Watch
I prefer Jimmy Superfly Snuggerud
Just a Russian propaganda account

Corey Pronman had a writeup of standouts/disappointments from the tournament. Here's the blurb on Snuggerud:
Snuggerud especially was consistently impactful from puck drop on Boxing Day through USA’s last shift. He’s had a great season being one of the best players in the first half in the NCAA as well. He lacks ideal foot speed, but as he’s shown in college, he has a lot of skill, can make and finish plays, and competes like a pro. Snuggerud won a lot of battles and created and finished chances for USA.
https://theathletic.com/4060337/2023/01 ... ointments/

Sounds stylistically like a nice complimentary winger for Thomas if he can get here soon.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:31 am Not that I am saying trade him, but with Jimmy Snud's performance at Minnesota and now on the grand stage, his value would allow you to land pretty much any player you'd want this offseason. i.e a true legit #1 d-man.
I think trading him away would be a bad move. The Blues will need him to get to a decent level of difference-making forwards to play along with Thomas and Kyrou after their current group of aged 27+ players is gone. I'd prefer them trading a mixture of lesser prospects, veterans and draft choices (that unknowns and are thus bigger gambles than a prospect who has already developed in a very positive way).

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:36 am Corey Pronman had a writeup of standouts/disappointments from the tournament. Here's the blurb on Snuggerud:
Snuggerud especially was consistently impactful from puck drop on Boxing Day through USA’s last shift. He’s had a great season being one of the best players in the first half in the NCAA as well. He lacks ideal foot speed, but as he’s shown in college, he has a lot of skill, can make and finish plays, and competes like a pro. Snuggerud won a lot of battles and created and finished chances for USA.
https://theathletic.com/4060337/2023/01 ... ointments/

Sounds stylistically like a nice complimentary winger for Thomas if he can get here soon.
Sounds like if he works more on his skating we will have a hell of a player. 👍