Re: GDT: St. louis Blues vs Hurricanes - 7:00 12/1 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:53 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 pm Puck-moving defence need to be traded for physical defensemen.

I'd rather lose knowing we impacted them than "damn we were close"
Bring Edmundson home
Correct. As an aside, I feel Armstrong's biggest mistake was the Faulk trade. Not a remarkably groundbreaking take, but I think we should remember it- If you go back to that day, you keep Edmundson while not giving Petro's money to Faulk and preemptively capping the yearly hit on a potential Petro extension, reinforcing his push for max term without concession. Edmundson is exactly the kind of top-four guy the team currently does not have, and Petro is obviously the true top pairing guy the team also does not have. They had both.

See: Army's penchant for signing extensions too early going back to Lehtera and co. His roster building mistakes are almost always a result of him trying to minimize damage further down the line.

Re: GDT: St. louis Blues vs Hurricanes - 7:00 12/1 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

BluesSK wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:32 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:09 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:51 amWe truly have the most hated goalie in the league and gotta be top 5 disliked players regardless of positions.

Wish rest of the team had Binners demeanor. It needs it.
He can't let it get in his head though. I like the aggression if it's controlled and strategic.
Trade Binner straight up to the Caps for Tom Wilson. Even with a healing ACL, Wilson could show these wimpy Blues how to play with an edge.