Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:40 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:36 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:26 am

I don't have a clue anymore. Didn't we lose a chance to score the other night for the very same thing?
Player was outside the crease, so no goalie interference. Stars still had scoring chance, so no whistle for helmet. Good call.
My problem with it is that the goal didn't come immediately after his helmet came off. The goalie is not going to get back in net without his mask on. Once they passed the puck back the play should've been dead imo. Also, the goalie appears to be very much still in the crease when the contact happens, but that's more debatable than my original issue.
I don't write the rules, I'm just vaguely aware of them.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 am

Player was outside the crease, so no goalie interference. Stars still had scoring chance, so no whistle for helmet. Good call.
My problem with it is that the goal didn't come immediately after his helmet came off. The goalie is not going to get back in net without his mask on. Once they passed the puck back the play should've been dead imo. Also, the goalie appears to be very much still in the crease when the contact happens, but that's more debatable than my original issue.
The rule says when the opposing team has an immediate or impending scoring chance the play will be allowed to continue. My question is; does a pass behind the net out front plus another pass, taking four seconds from helmet off to puck in the net count as an impending or immediate scoring chance?
To most hockey fans understanding including mine, it would seem no. The puck touched three Stars players sticks before going in the goal from when his helmet came off.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 am

I don't write the rules, I'm just vaguely aware of them.
Signed, NHL Refs
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:36 pm Not going to lie, maybe it’s the audio quality but he does sound drunk off his ass. I doubt Patty feels “fat shamed” though

More hyperbole from that asshat Frank Seravalli. Jack Edwards is a homer dink, everyone knows that so why is that a surprise or shock.

If the audio quality wasn't slowed down and garbled to make Edwards sound like he was drunk it would have been forgotten in five minutes.

Everyone knows hockey players like to eat and everyone knows they (and especially the big guys) lie about their height, weight etc. In hockey.

NHL Twitter is filled with politically correct woke pussies who get offended about literally anything and everything.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:51 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:06 pm Kris Letang suffers second stroke in career
And that's really sad and a heck of a lot more important than Pat Maroon's pizza eating habits.
Sounds like he'll make a full recovery eventually, but still scary stuff.

Also pizza is awesome, so saying somebody likes pizza isn't the burn Edwards thinks it is.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:51 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:19 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:32 pm Tage Thompson scored four goals in the 1st period tonight. He now has 20 on the season.

Absolute bargain contract he signed
He's up to 5 now, and will probably be at 7 by the time I finish this post.
That's 2 more goals than he scored in his 41 games with the Blues
He was "pigeonholed", you see

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:35 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:52 am

Hes playing like could have here, if chief let go of the reins.
I guess so. He didn't seem all that interested in playing here. Remember, he had a lot of growing pains even when he went to the Sabres organization. It wasn't overnight success.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:35 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:52 am

Hes playing like could have here, if chief let go of the reins.
He was dreadful in the beginning of his Buffalo career too. Had 15 goals in his first 100 games. Now he's turned into a 50 goal sniper. It's truly one of the craziest transformations of a player I've seen in awhile.
Just a Russian propaganda account