Re: Blues 2022-23 Pre-Season Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 am With Scandella and Prune down the top 6 seems pretty much set now.

Krug, Leddy, Mikkola on the left side
Faulk, Parayko, Borts on the right side

Kessell and Tucker as your next men up? Blueline is wildly thin going into the year
I think they need to make a move for a Dman. He's basically gone the season.

His future with the Blues seems pretty limited.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am No surprise for Bolduc. There wasn't a role for him, but hopefully he busts his ass to make it a no brainer to keep him with the squad out of camp next year. An interesting development is that Vadim Zherenko seems to have passed Ellis on the goalie depth chart. This will be his first season in North America. It'd be great if he turns into something after being completely out of sight/out of mind since being drafted in the 7th round 3 years ago.
I'm not so sure about that Ellis and Hofer are still in camp but I am hopeful Zherenko does develop into something. Would be a great late round story

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:05 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am No surprise for Bolduc. There wasn't a role for him, but hopefully he busts his ass to make it a no brainer to keep him with the squad out of camp next year. An interesting development is that Vadim Zherenko seems to have passed Ellis on the goalie depth chart. This will be his first season in North America. It'd be great if he turns into something after being completely out of sight/out of mind since being drafted in the 7th round 3 years ago.
I'm not so sure about that Ellis and Hofer are still in camp but I am hopeful Zherenko does develop into something. Would be a great late round story
I thought I'd heard that Ellis would be headed to the ECHL to start the year. Maybe that's just to get him more starts since Hofer will take the bulk of them in Springfield, but I don't think Ellis had a great year last season. Not down on him since he's only 21 and goalies are weird and all that, but Zherenko's presence certainly puts the pressure on him.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 am With Scandella and Prune down the top 6 seems pretty much set now.

Krug, Leddy, Mikkola on the left side
Faulk, Parayko, Borts on the right side

Kessell and Tucker as your next men up? Blueline is wildly thin going into the year
This is just about the time of year that Armstrong sprung the Faulk trade on us. He had one year left on his deal at the time. Looking at the list of D that have one year left on their deals, here are a few guys that fit the potential mold in terms of age, theoretical availability and teams that would trade with the Blues:

Travis Sanheim
Damon Severson
Kevin Shattenkirk
Carson Soucy

I'm sure there are plenty of guys with more than a year left that could be moved like Chychrun, but just was looking into the Faulk-ish guys.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:22 pm What are we thinking going into camp roster wise? ROR, Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Tarasenko, Buchy, Saad, Barbashev are locks for the top 9, that leaves 1 spot up for Im guessing Neighbours, Kostin, Logan Brown to compete for? Then a 4th line.

Does Bolduc get the Neighbours treatment and get a 9 game tryout?
Revisiting this as we get closer to opening night. Seems like the scuttlebutt I'd heard was that Barbashev might wind up on the 4th line again. Not a sure thing by any means. Brown was having a great camp but is hurt and may or may not get in anymore pre-season games. Leivo is the other guy that has played extremely well up front. Neighbours has been very strong as well, but if he's not in the top 9 they'll want him playing lots of minutes in Springfield. Right now it seems like the opening night lineup will look like this:

Saad-ROR-Kyrou
Buchy-Thomas-Tarasenko
???-Schenn-???

If Brown can handle 3C Saad moves on his wing and Schenn up to the left on ROR's line. A little more intrigue at the end of camp than I expected. Acciari and Walker seem like 4th line locks.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:24 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:22 pm What are we thinking going into camp roster wise? ROR, Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Tarasenko, Buchy, Saad, Barbashev are locks for the top 9, that leaves 1 spot up for Im guessing Neighbours, Kostin, Logan Brown to compete for? Then a 4th line.

Does Bolduc get the Neighbours treatment and get a 9 game tryout?
Revisiting this as we get closer to opening night. Seems like the scuttlebutt I'd heard was that Barbashev might wind up on the 4th line again. Not a sure thing by any means. Brown was having a great camp but is hurt and may or may not get in anymore pre-season games. Leivo is the other guy that has played extremely well up front. Neighbours has been very strong as well, but if he's not in the top 9 they'll want him playing lots of minutes in Springfield. Right now it seems like the opening night lineup will look like this:

Saad-ROR-Kyrou
Buchy-Thomas-Tarasenko
???-Schenn-???

If Brown can handle 3C Saad moves on his wing and Schenn up to the left on ROR's line. A little more intrigue at the end of camp than I expected. Acciari and Walker seem like 4th line locks.
If Barbashev is on the fourth line that would be the best fourth line in the League. I know they don't want to play Neighbours on the fourth line.

Accuati is definitely a lock and it looks like Walker is gonna make the roster. Brown looks like a lock for a roster spot. I think they are gonna keep Klim on the roster too.

So this was kind of an interesting tweet. It seems to be a snapshot of what they think might be their lineup with the current injuries.

It's interesting to see Alexandrov in over Kostin, unless it was just because Kostin was banged up a bit last night.

Also, Toropchenko seems to be a lot further along than he was supposed to be, which really is bad news for the guys on the bubble.

Walker seems to have won a fourth line spot and may finally stay up with the big club.

Hated the Kostin pick....just not a typical Blues draft pick. He's hockey dumb and can't skate. He has a great shot when he has time in the slot. I'm hoping and praying that somebody claims him so we can end this bullshit with him today.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:20 am Hated the Kostin pick....just not a typical Blues draft pick. He's hockey dumb and can't skate. He has a great shot when he has time in the slot. I'm hoping and praying that somebody claims him so we can end this bullshit with him today.
It's hard to find anything that he does really well...way too much of a reach for a first rounder.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:53 pm So this was kind of an interesting tweet. It seems to be a snapshot of what they think might be their lineup with the current injuries.

It's interesting to see Alexandrov in over Kostin, unless it was just because Kostin was banged up a bit last night.

Also, Toropchenko seems to be a lot further along than he was supposed to be, which really is bad news for the guys on the bubble.

Walker seems to have won a fourth line spot and may finally stay up with the big club.
D depth issues aside, I really dig that lineup.