Re: Blues Offseason News Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:48 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:34 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:28 am

Hats off to you if Perron has a cap hit anywhere near 3.5M. I know he'll give us a discount but that's super low for his market value.
I've made bad predictions before!
Looks like we have one more to add to the list
The list is long and distinguished. He'll probably get like 6x2 from the looks of things.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:47 am Hoo boy, feels like we are going to have some takes on this forum tomorrow!

Doesn't make sense cause Husso didn't have much experience and they didn't mind giving him a try versus signing another crap backup who we already know isn't good. At least with a young guy there is potential.

Anyway...Brayden Holtby? Martin Jones? Halak?Samsonov?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:10 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:47 am Hoo boy, feels like we are going to have some takes on this forum tomorrow!

Doesn't make sense cause Husso didn't have much experience and they didn't mind giving him a try versus signing another crap backup who we already know isn't good. At least with a young guy there is potential.

I assume the thought process at that time was, "well we trust Binnington a lot since he hasn't really ever been shaky for extended periods before, so who cares if the backup is green". That is no longer the case. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that might have been the logic at the time. I'm sure part of this is the experience factor, but also Lindgren is probably thinking this might be his best shot for a bigger payday, so he may as well take it. For a guy in his situation I can't fault that at all.

As for replacements, all of the guys you mentioned seem like opportunities. I'd heard Holtby might retire a while ago, but STL might be a pretty solid situation for a guy like him. I'd love for it to be Halak just for entertainment value.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:43 am

I assume the thought process at that time was, "well we trust Binnington a lot since he hasn't really ever been shaky for extended periods before, so who cares if the backup is green". That is no longer the case. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that might have been the logic at the time. I'm sure part of this is the experience factor, but also Lindgren is probably thinking this might be his best shot for a bigger payday, so he may as well take it. For a guy in his situation I can't fault that at all.

As for replacements, all of the guys you mentioned seem like opportunities. I'd heard Holtby might retire a while ago, but STL might be a pretty solid situation for a guy like him. I'd love for it to be Halak just for entertainment value.
Possibly but JB50 didn't have a stellar 20-21 season and had just lost his 9th straight playoff game. I'm just a fan of giving the younger guy a chance, even if it's Hofer and IF he is too green and needs to go to the AHL then you can adjust. I don't want another Chad Johnson situation haha

The fried food joints in St Louis would see a boom if it was Halak. He loves fried food I hear.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:43 am

Possibly but JB50 didn't have a stellar 20-21 season and had just lost his 9th straight playoff game. I'm just a fan of giving the younger guy a chance, even if it's Hofer and IF he is too green and needs to go to the AHL then you can adjust. I don't want another Chad Johnson situation haha

The fried food joints in St Louis would see a boom if it was Halak. He loves fried food I hear.
Maybe instead of leaving themselves with another Chad Johnson situation, they should actually sign Chad Johnson. Sure he's not good at getting in the way of pucks, but last time they acquired him they won the Cup. 4-D Chess, baby!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 am Losing Perron to FA and trading Tarasenko for assets is two giant holes in the offense.

Going to be a very interesting off-season
I'm not entirely sure they trade Tarasenko anymore. Getting rid of your top 2 RWs creates quite a hole. Though based on my predictions of the last 24 hours, he's gone in five minutes.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:22 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 am Losing Perron to FA and trading Tarasenko for assets is two giant holes in the offense.

I'm not entirely sure they trade Tarasenko anymore. Getting rid of your top 2 RWs creates quite a hole. Though based on my predictions of the last 24 hours, he's gone in five minutes.
Someone is going to have to move if they are determined to upgrade their left handed d-man spot

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:25 am

Someone is going to have to move if they are determined to upgrade their left handed d-man spot
Krug

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:35 am

Krug
Harder contract to move since a team has to pay him for 5 more years versus Tarasenko going into his last year. Tarasenko can be a "final piece" for a team looking at a one year run. Krug probably not.

Starting to wonder if they just sign the RFAs, grab a goalie off the scrap heap, bring back Leddy and call it a day.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:49 am

Starting to wonder if they just sign the RFAs, grab a goalie off the scrap heap, bring back Leddy and call it a day.
What a shit offseason that would be.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:49 am

What a shit offseason that would be.
It would not be my favorite offseason. It could go the other way too and we end up with Provorov, Puljujarvi or something. Whatever, we'll see.