Do you favor the death penalty?

Yes
Total votes: 8 (73%)
No
Total votes: 3 (27%)
Total votes: 11

Re: Do you favor the death penalty?

StL Dan wrote:I haven't studied the economics of it, so, you may be right.

Some of the most compelling post trial comments have been words of forgiveness by the victims surviving loved ones. That has made a huge impression on me through the years. If someone whose loved one was taken from can forgive and move on - then maybe there is hope that the murderer can forgive him or herself and become a positive influence in their own world inside prison.
Wrong! In many cases, in fact most cases, there is NO doubt of the killer's guilt and it is actually much CHEAPER if we carried the sentence out quickly. Clothing, feeding, and housing someone for life costs a LOT more than simply eliminating them just like they eliminated their victims!

Plus you forget about justice for the victims! There is NO WAY killers should still be able to see the sun rise, eat bacon and eggs, candy bars and ice cream, and visit their families when the victims no longer can!

I believe if you kill one person you should get life without the chance for parole and you also should lose any kind of family contact or visitation. But if you kill more than one person you should get the death penalty. And any kind of predatory crimes against kids or the elderly should also carry the death penalty. And any cases that are proven where there is no doubt and plenty of condemning physical evidence should be fast tracked straight to the chair or firing squad or injection table. Id also be happy if we had the same punishment for corrupt politicians and government employees!

T.C. wrote:it's ok, pretty soon SJWs will decide that the death penalty is racist and it will no longer exist.
Nah. As long as the SC justices are leaning conservative we'll have the death penalty. So at least another 10 to 20 years. Even with more liberal judges we might still have it because many liberals like it.

Hillary Clinton is strongly pro death penalty. Unless she flip flops again like she did on amnesty! :lol:

Bluescrazy wrote:I believe if you kill one person you should get life without the chance for parole and you also should lose any kind of family contact or visitation. But if you kill more than one person you should get the death penalty. And any kind of predatory crimes against kids or the elderly should also carry the death penalty. And any cases that are proven where there is no doubt and plenty of condemning physical evidence should be fast tracked straight to the chair or firing squad or injection table. Id also be happy if we had the same punishment for corrupt politicians and government employees!
Right on BluesCrazy! Most in Missouri agree with us. I just don't see WHY when a killer admits to vicious multiple murders he isn't executed within a year or 2? There is no argument saying he didn't do it. Or also when there is incontrovertible evidence like DNA which points to guilt. I don't mind giving them a big last meal and a cigarette but give them the penalty right away! People like CaptainSMRT totally ignore the victims suffering! I also don't see why SICK anti-death penalty advocates are coddling up to disgusting killers and taking THEIR side over the victims!

There should also be a MANDATORY death penalty if you kill a child or a policeman.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
StL Dan wrote:I haven't studied the economics of it, so, you may be right.

Some of the most compelling post trial comments have been words of forgiveness by the victims surviving loved ones. That has made a huge impression on me through the years. If someone whose loved one was taken from can forgive and move on - then maybe there is hope that the murderer can forgive him or herself and become a positive influence in their own world inside prison.
Wrong! In many cases, in fact most cases, there is NO doubt of the killer's guilt and it is actually much CHEAPER if we carried the sentence out quickly. Clothing, feeding, and housing someone for life costs a LOT more than simply eliminating them just like they eliminated their victims!

Plus you forget about justice for the victims! There is NO WAY killers should still be able to see the sun rise, eat bacon and eggs, candy bars and ice cream, and visit their families when the victims no longer can!
I completely agree with this part.

Bluescrazy wrote:I believe if you kill one person you should get life without the chance for parole and you also should lose any kind of family contact or visitation. But if you kill more than one person you should get the death penalty. And any kind of predatory crimes against kids or the elderly should also carry the death penalty. And any cases that are proven where there is no doubt and plenty of condemning physical evidence should be fast tracked straight to the chair or firing squad or injection table. Id also be happy if we had the same punishment for corrupt politicians and government employees!
Do you include the person(s) that decide to kill a child who never has the opportunity to live his or her own life? Never had the chance to enjoy their first birthday cake? First day of school. First ice cream cone. First Blues game. First kiss. First car. First girl/boy friend. Being a parent. Etc etc etc, in with this group?

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:StLDan, Blues Crazy already said people who commit predatory crimes against kids should get death. I'm assuming he means murder as well. After all, that is the ultimate crime. Except maybe for treason.

ANY murder of a child should be mandatory death penalty. Same goes for killing a law enforcement officer.
God (yep, I said God intentionally!)........I hate when I agree with you! My only addition is that we need to do away with lethal injections. Fuck that. Depending on the crime, I want these fuckers put to death in a horrible way..........let them be eaten by ants or rats, or let a member of the victim's family have at them with a rusty fork or something. Screw the lethal injection shit.......these are horrible murderers, not someone getting a tooth pulled!

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Matangama, you know such brutal deaths would be a violation of the 8th amendment and the courts would never approve it. But I agree with the scope of what you are saying! These awful killers had no remorse for their victims so they deserve NONE in return!

And what is a Matangama?? LOL
I always get the mental image of this guy:
Joe Mantegna Joe Mantegna