Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 pm Im enjoying the ESPN studio and broadcast teams so far. Mess and Chelios are good. Melrose is Melrose. A good change
I was impressed by Chelios. I think Messier is going to wind up being another "well they just didn't want it enough" guy that provides no actual insight. I liked a lot of what ESPN did during the games. Lots more camera angles, they even did a cool thing in the second game (maybe the first too) where they just turned off the announcers mics and brought used close up camera angles for about 2 minutes to make you feel like you were in the arena.

I liked McDonough and Ferraro, but can't stand Buccigross. Overall a good start. We'll see what Turner has in store tonight.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:30 pm

"My goalie coach, Panger, sucks!"
-Charles Barkley

NHL on TNT already more entertaining than anything NBC ever did.
It was a very funny segment. Maybe I’m just happy hockey is back but I’m liking the new networks.
NBC just didn't care or couldn't afford to try anything interesting by the end. Very happy to have some new blood. Both have some kinks to work out, but potential is there.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:00 am Well, Brady didn't do a bridge contract. Guess he likes life in Ottawa. Or he likes money cause he definitely got PAID a lot for a kid that seems to be trending to a 45-55 point a season player.

My guess is he preferred a bridge deal, but said you're going to have to overpay for long term. Kind of the opposite of a hometown discount.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:35 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 pm Thought he might be in trouble watching this live last night:

That means he's out Saturday. If MacKinnon is still out too that top line is only 33% as scary as usual.
I don’t like that he’ll be out, I’m a competitor and want to beat them at full strength. just kidding suspend the whole team! let’s go bluuuuues
Fuck the Stankalanche!