Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:47 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:31 am

I think with FL's lack of state income tax, Barkov will probably be the league leader in actual take home pay once this extension kicks in.
Much deserved. Always nice when a team steps up and pays their captain.
Can't think of any similar scenarios in recent Blues history :lol:
haha I guess I should say, their young captain.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 am Kings new alternate jersey is NOICE
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.16.44 AM.png
Very nice. The Kings were one of the few teams that had a good reverse retro last year too. Their worst looking uniforms are their primary home/roads by a wide margin. Time for them to freshen up their look now that their youth movement is about ready to take hold.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 am Game day!! Vegas vs Seattle. When these two teams get together throw out the record books
That Seattle team is going to be all kinds of bad.
I don't think they'll be bad, but I highly doubt they get off to the hot start Vegas did back in the day given that they're dealing with a bunch of COVID absences already. They have a strong D group and a solid but not spectacular forward group when healthy. I foresee a lot of low scoring games for them. The other key thing to remember is that Anaheim and San Jose are terrible, LA isn't ready for primetime, and while Calgary and Vancouver have some strengths, they have glaring weaknesses as well. There are going to be lots of free points in that division for a mediocre roster like Seattle. I think they're in a tight race for third all year with Calgary.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 am Game day!! Vegas vs Seattle. When these two teams get together throw out the record books
That Seattle team is going to be all kinds of bad.
I don't think they'll be bad, but I highly doubt they get off to the hot start Vegas did back in the day given that they're dealing with a bunch of COVID absences already. They have a strong D group and a solid but not spectacular forward group when healthy. I foresee a lot of low scoring games for them. The other key thing to remember is that Anaheim and San Jose are terrible, LA isn't ready for primetime, and while Calgary and Vancouver have some strengths, they have glaring weaknesses as well. There are going to be lots of free points in that division for a mediocre roster like Seattle. I think they're in a tight race for third all year with Calgary.
... all depends on how many wins that Bettman guaranteed them when they handed over their franchise $$$