Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:55 pm He still might get dealt. Could mean we're closer to a Tarasenko deal?
A one year extension means he'll be a UFA after next season. If a team really wanted him as part of a Tarasenko deal, I'd imagine they'd prefer to have him on a longer term contract. That's not to say he won't get dealt, just that I don't think he's moved the needle for other teams one way or the other. I'd be surprised if he's part of the team in October 2022.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:51 am
I guess I missed when Fitzpatrick got let go by the Blues. Not a huge shock I guess, as he was passed up by Ellis and Hofer in the organizational goalie depth charts. Still a bummer to get zilch at the NHL level from a second rounder. Oh well, goalies are weird.
Classic example why it's sometimes not all that bad to trade a 2nd rd pick. Fitzpatrick, Rattie, and plenty of others....................

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:58 am
I guess I missed when Fitzpatrick got let go by the Blues. Not a huge shock I guess, as he was passed up by Ellis and Hofer in the organizational goalie depth charts. Still a bummer to get zilch at the NHL level from a second rounder. Oh well, goalies are weird.
Classic example why it's sometimes not all that bad to trade a 2nd rd pick. Fitzpatrick, Rattie, and plenty of others....................
And Jordan Kyrou is a classic example of why sometimes its not bad to trade FOR second round picks. And Jordan Binnington is a great example of why its not all bad to trade for 3rd round picks. It pays to have a good amateur scouting department, no matter when you're picking.

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:58 am
That’s just the Blues whiffing though and they seem to be notorious for missing in the 2nd round. This league is full of 2nd round studs.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Drubilly wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:11 am
Turk Sanderson wrote:Zac Sanford was a second round pick by the Caps
Love your enthusiastic stirring of the shit cauldron Turk!
Going back about 5+ years and further, it looks like around 10-11 2nd round draftees (out of 30) each year play 100 or more NHL games. Some years it's a couple more, some years less. So, basically, if you're getting someone who can play more than a season or two out of every 3 2nd round picks, you're hitting about average.

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:34 am
Turk Sanderson wrote:Zac Sanford was a second round pick by the Caps
Turk is President of the Zac Sanford fan club. Number of members is undetermined at this time :)
Hey, in 2011-2012 the guy put up 36 Goals and 33 Assists for 69 Points at the prestigious Pinkerton Academy, in New Hampshire....
he was coached by the legendary Casey Kesselring .

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Turk is President of the Zac Sanford fan club. Number of members is undetermined at this time :)
Hey, in 2011-2012 the guy put up 36 Goals and 33 Assists for 69 Points at the prestigious Pinkerton Academy, in New Hampshire....
:lol: :lol:

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Shut up Pierre!!!
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

A team that I think might be in the running for Tarasenko is Columbus. I have seen it discussed that they want to rid themselves of Max Domi, so a deal centered around Domi-Tarasenko makes sense to me. Domi was terrible last year, but only has one year left on his deal and is a UFA afterwards, so you wouldn't be tying yourself to a potential albatross. I think the main motivation for both teams would be ridding themselves of players they don't want anymore, so the rest of the deal would include small stuff. Plus, there's the Jarmo connection. You know how NHL GMs love to reacquire players that they drafted years ago.

Anyway, just a little August food for thought. He'll probably get traded to the Islanders in 5 minutes, haha.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 pm A team that I think might be in the running for Tarasenko is Columbus. I have seen it discussed that they want to rid themselves of Max Domi, so a deal centered around Domi-Tarasenko makes sense to me. Domi was terrible last year, but only has one year left on his deal and is a UFA afterwards, so you wouldn't be tying yourself to a potential albatross. I think the main motivation for both teams would be ridding themselves of players they don't want anymore, so the rest of the deal would include small stuff. Plus, there's the Jarmo connection. You know how NHL GMs love to reacquire players that they drafted years ago.

Anyway, just a little August food for thought. He'll probably get traded to the Islanders in 5 minutes, haha.
What's the chances Tank stays and all is forgotten? How bout a Buch/Tank line. Maybe you get some national pride stirring with the 2 rooskies and who knows, maybe that's a great line. What do you think?

BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:39 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 pm A team that I think might be in the running for Tarasenko is Columbus. I have seen it discussed that they want to rid themselves of Max Domi, so a deal centered around Domi-Tarasenko makes sense to me. Domi was terrible last year, but only has one year left on his deal and is a UFA afterwards, so you wouldn't be tying yourself to a potential albatross. I think the main motivation for both teams would be ridding themselves of players they don't want anymore, so the rest of the deal would include small stuff. Plus, there's the Jarmo connection. You know how NHL GMs love to reacquire players that they drafted years ago.

What's the chances Tank stays and all is forgotten? How bout a Buch/Tank line. Maybe you get some national pride stirring with the 2 rooskies and who knows, maybe that's a great line. What do you think?
Zero! Army will play the "all is forgiven," line until he gets a deal, but he is not about to forget Tarasenko's cheapshots toward the organization, much less risking him infecting the room.

barnburner wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:52 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:39 pm

Zero! Army will play the "all is forgiven," line until he gets a deal, but he is not about to forget Tarasenko's cheapshots toward the organization, much less risking him infecting the room.
I think that is exactly right.