Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:04 pmhis drywall contractor is STOKED.
What if he re-injures his shoulder punching a wall? Can we put him on LTIRetired or nah?
Maybe he can get Whitey Herzog’s job promoting the Painter’s and Taper’s Union and the Painting and Decorating Council.
If he's any good with a spray can, he could get a job with SLMPD outlining bodies on the street.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:54 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 pm
What if he re-injures his shoulder punching a wall? Can we put him on LTIRetired or nah?
Maybe he can get Whitey Herzog’s job promoting the Painter’s and Taper’s Union and the Painting and Decorating Council.
If he's any good with a spray can, he could get a job with SLMPD outlining bodies on the street.
In this economy, and with the trains not rollin' like they used to, there's beaucoup graffiti artists who will supply their own paint to outline some night-crawler who just got whacked.

The equation for Seattle on the Blues pick is really simple. What's greater value, Vince Dunn, or the return on a Tarasenko flip? The top 4 D that may or may not play the point on PP1 for you is a lot higher to me than a pick/prospect package.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Apparently Army will have a presser in about 40 minutes.

He’s going to announce Parayko’s extension. Then announce he’s being traded to Edmonton for their first and Broberg. He’ll trade Tarasenko for Larsson. Then sign Suter. 😀
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:22 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:24 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:03 am Tarasenko's value has officially dropped to zero
Source?
Source: Math...he was available for nothing and nobody took him.
Was pretty clear Seattle focused on defense and not taking big contract guys and decided to go with a pretty good defensemen in Dunn.

Tarasenko still has trade value as seen by the rumors that multiple are interested. I trust Army will get a nice return.

That'd be like saying Carey Price has no value.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:24 am

Source?
Was pretty clear Seattle focused on defense and not taking big contract guys and decided to go with a pretty good defensemen in Dunn.

Tarasenko still has trade value as seen by the rumors that multiple are interested. I trust Army will get a nice return.

The Kraken could have had him and flipped him for whatever value he has, which for a potential 30 goal scorer should be more than other teams castoffs. Billy Pilgrim is losing his shit right now.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 am

The Kraken could have had him and flipped him for whatever value he has, which for a potential 30 goal scorer should be more than other teams castoffs. Billy Pilgrim is losing his shit right now.
Uhhh---ohhhh...sources are saying it was Tarasenko's NTC that kept him from being drafted. Problematic contract and Moody...his stock keeps dropping.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 am

Instead they took a 24 year old defensemen with wheels who paced a 40 point season last year. It's not like they took a scrub instead, they opted for the right choice. One of the few Francis made.
Just a Russian propaganda account

am i the only one looking at who was available and who they actually took, going "...the fuck?" passed on so many marquee players, especially thinking about what vegas did in the near past. seems extremely weird to me. i want an in-depth "why" of their approach to this.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:19 pm am i the only one looking at who was available and who they actually took, going "...the fuck?" passed on so many marquee players, especially thinking about what vegas did in the near past. seems extremely weird to me. i want an in-depth "why" of their approach to this.
They took a look at the 92-93 Senators and thought: we can do THAT! Norm MacIver was a total stud!

Though they’re not at the cap floor so they will be adding ufas. Team isn’t complete yet.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:19 pm am i the only one looking at who was available and who they actually took, going "...the fuck?" passed on so many marquee players, especially thinking about what vegas did in the near past. seems extremely weird to me. i want an in-depth "why" of their approach to this.
Some make sense to me. Price was an obvious pass for me. I don't get taking Morgan Geekie from Carolina instead of Nino Niederreiter. I think part of the idea is they want to have cap space to sign some UFAs, so we won't have a full picture of what they're going to look like for another week or so. The other factor is...their division is ass, so they'll be competitive without loading up on cap crippling contracts. We'll see.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm Translation: Ya'll bums were given more time than me and got PP minutes and I still kept up with you

Dan Rosen take:

Dunn is an intriguing pick. He has top-pair potential and could also be a big piece of a trade if they want to go after a No. 1 center. But it makes sense for the Kraken to eye him as a big part of their core because of his mobility, offensive instincts and experience as a Stanley Cup winner.

Side deals, man! Draft picks! Cap space for UFAs!

Number one draft pick next year!

Making the playoffs and competing for the Cup, nah. 😂

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:29 pm
Side deals, man! Draft picks! Cap space for UFAs!

Number one draft pick next year!

Making the playoffs and competing for the Cup, nah. 😂
They could possibly compete for the Calder Cup :lol:
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou