Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Robb_K wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 pm The Wild shutout The Knights 3-0, forcing a Game 7. I hope The Wild can win that game, and move on to play The Avs.
Yeah. I think Minnesota would be a tougher opponent for Colorado. They match up good with them. Hope the Wild pull it off.

I'm not sure who is in a better position, Colorado coming off a relatively easy sweep who are now rested, but maybe rusty? Or the team that has to go through a 7 game series but never has to break stride jumping into the next series. I think I'd rather be Vegas/Wild.
Just a Russian propaganda account

The Islanders took out the Penguins last night. Never bet against Barry Trotz in the first round...particularly if his team is facing Tristan Jarry. Woof, what a terrible, season wrecking performance from him in this series.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:46 pm The Islanders took out the Penguins last night. Never bet against Barry Trotz in the first round...particularly if his team is facing Tristan Jarry. Woof, what a terrible, season wrecking performance from him in this series.
Islanders and Boston will be a grudge match.

Canes closed out Nashville in OT last night. The Preds acquitted themselves much better in this series than I expected, though largely due to Saros playing out of his mind (until letting in a brutal OT winner last night). Canes-Lightning is going to be fun as hell.

Meanwhile the Habs forced a game 6 against Toronto in OT last night. That game saturday night will be the first game in Canada with fans in the stands since March 2020. Toronto SHOULD win this thing...but boy do they know how to choke in the spotlight historically.

Only game tonight is the big Wild-Knights game 7. First game 7 of the year, baby!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:51 am Canes closed out Nashville in OT last night. The Preds acquitted themselves much better in this series than I expected, though largely due to Saros playing out of his mind (until letting in a brutal OT winner last night). Canes-Lightning is going to be fun as hell.

Meanwhile the Habs forced a game 6 against Toronto in OT last night. That game saturday night will be the first game in Canada with fans in the stands since March 2020. Toronto SHOULD win this thing...but boy do they know how to choke in the spotlight historically.

Only game tonight is the big Wild-Knights game 7. First game 7 of the year, baby!
WIld 4 - 2 over Stable Boys.

Too bad Wild lost. Should of played Parise the whole series. You don’t bench a proven warrior like Parise in the playoffs. The guy scores in the trenches. 2 goals in 4 games and 2 wins with him. Coaching blunder IMO.

I’ll take Vegas to beat Colorado. I think Vegas will slow them down and Fleury gets the job done.

BillP. wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:57 am Too bad Wild lost. Should of played Parise the whole series. You don’t bench a proven warrior like Parise in the playoffs. The guy scores in the trenches. 2 goals in 4 games and 2 wins with him. Coaching blunder IMO.

I’ll take Vegas to beat Colorado. I think Vegas will slow them down and Fleury gets the job done.
They're probably going to do everything they can to move him in the off-season. He almost ended up with the Islanders last summer, but it fell through. He has a NMC, so he has all the power here, but you have to figure he's not happy about being scratched in the playoffs and down the stretch.

BillP. wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:57 am Too bad Wild lost. Should of played Parise the whole series. You don’t bench a proven warrior like Parise in the playoffs. The guy scores in the trenches. 2 goals in 4 games and 2 wins with him. Coaching blunder IMO.

That's bananas.

Man, the Leafs are doing it again. After a scoreless first 2 periods, Habs go up 1-0 on garbage goal by Perry. Leafs challenge for goalie interference, which was insane since Campbell wasn't touched and didn't even try to get back. Then on ensuing pk, Marner almost immediately shoots puck over glass for 1:50 of 5 on 3. Habs scored on 2 man advantage, and it looks like this one is going 7. It's insane to me that coaches don't know what goalie interference is still. It's really not that hard! The Leafs are the true kings of shooting themselves in the dick.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:55 pm Man, the Leafs are doing it again. After a scoreless first 2 periods, Habs go up 1-0 on garbage goal by Perry. Leafs challenge for goalie interference, which was insane since Campbell wasn't touched and didn't even try to get back. Then on ensuing pk, Marner almost immediately shoots puck over glass for 1:50 of 5 on 3. Habs scored on 2 man advantage, and it looks like this one is going 7. It's insane to me that coaches don't know what goalie interference is still. It's really not that hard! The Leafs are the true kings of shooting themselves in the dick.
Going to OT. My jinx skills are still super sharp.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:15 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:55 pm Man, the Leafs are doing it again. After a scoreless first 2 periods, Habs go up 1-0 on garbage goal by Perry. Leafs challenge for goalie interference, which was insane since Campbell wasn't touched and didn't even try to get back. Then on ensuing pk, Marner almost immediately shoots puck over glass for 1:50 of 5 on 3. Habs scored on 2 man advantage, and it looks like this one is going 7. It's insane to me that coaches don't know what goalie interference is still. It's really not that hard! The Leafs are the true kings of shooting themselves in the dick.
Well, if you're gonna get shot in the dick, wouldn't you rather do it yourself, than by some damn stranger?

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:26 pm
Well, if you're gonna get shot in the dick, wouldn't you rather do it yourself, than by some damn stranger?
Yeah, and imagine if the stranger is named Dick too :shock:

BluesSK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:38 pmBeat Toronto.
Ah WTF, let Bergevin look good and let’s see Montreal go on a run. Go Habs!

Is Shanahans job in jeopardy if they blow this? Toronto will never have an easier path to a Final 4 like they do with this set up. All these vets and grit added and they still can’t do it? Leafs will crumble if they lose Gm 7.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:26 pm
Everyone I know has tried.