Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

So Kadri is most likely toast for the rest of this series. They can suspend over 5 games if they offer in person, so even if the series went 7 he'd be out. He got 3 playoff games a couple years ago for a headshot (I think it was a headshot not some other dirty play), so they have all the grounds they need to hammer him. As bad as the Blues have looked for a game and a half of the two game series so far, this is the kind of galvanizing event that can make things more interesting.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

And now, a brief history of Kadri getting suspended in the first round:
2018- Boarding, 3 games:

2019- Cross-Checking, "Remainder of first round" Hit was in game 2:

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by suspension length for the Faulk hit.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:39 am And now, a brief history of Kadri getting suspended in the first round:
2018- Boarding, 3 games:

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by suspension length for the Faulk hit.
I don't think it's going to help us in any way. We lost our most versatile D-man.

BluesSK wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:39 am And now, a brief history of Kadri getting suspended in the first round:
2018- Boarding, 3 games:

I don't think it's going to help us in any way. We lost our most versatile D-man.
Oh no question. Faulk for Kadri isn't a good tradeoff for us at all. But since it happened I'd like to see him hammered by DOPS. Hopefully Faulk isn't out long.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:29 am
2018- Boarding, 3 games:

Oh no question. Faulk for Kadri isn't a good tradeoff for us at all. But since it happened I'd like to see him hammered by DOPS. Hopefully Faulk isn't out long.
I hate to say it, but from the looks of Faulk laying on the ice, I doubt we see him for the remainder of the playoffs. He was somewhere out around Saturn for quite a while.

Aesa wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:17 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:29 am

I hate to say it, but from the looks of Faulk laying on the ice, I doubt we see him for the remainder of the playoffs. He was somewhere out around Saturn for quite a while.
That was sad to see. He's a class act guy and pro's pro. Was playing superb last night too. The fact that Faulk got laid out, the boys should all be gunning to fuck up Colorado. If they don't and the Blues lose, then I'm done with this team and will be in off season mode immediately.

Leafs-Habs Game 1 is tonight. Pretty wild/dumb that they're starting after the Caps and Bruins have already played 3, but whatever. Looking forward to seeing how a very good Leafs team does against the pressure of what should be a very easy series for them. Kinda hope Montreal gets up early just to see all the Leafs fans freak out.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:58 pm Leafs-Habs Game 1 is tonight. Pretty wild/dumb that they're starting after the Caps and Bruins have already played 3, but whatever. Looking forward to seeing how a very good Leafs team does against the pressure of what should be a very easy series for them. Kinda hope Montreal gets up early just to see all the Leafs fans freak out.
Leafs/Habs is must see TV. Should be awesome.

Oilers/Jets matchup makes you think of Smythe Division days. Must of been a while since those 2 cities matched up in playoffs.

Tavares was stretchered off the ice after a fluke incident in which he was knocked over then drilled in the head by Corey Perry's knee. There was nothing Perry could have done to avoid it. Perry was already approaching top speed, which is what made it such a brutal collision. Tavares gave a thumbs up in the way out, but it did not look good at all.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 pm Tavares was stretchered off the ice after a fluke incident in which he was knocked over then drilled in the head by Corey Perry's knee. There was nothing Perry could have done to avoid it. Perry was already approaching top speed, which is what made it such a brutal collision. Tavares gave a thumbs up in the way out, but it did not look good at all.
Leafs training staff needs to be fired. What were they doing?

BluesSK wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 pm Tavares was stretchered off the ice after a fluke incident in which he was knocked over then drilled in the head by Corey Perry's knee. There was nothing Perry could have done to avoid it. Perry was already approaching top speed, which is what made it such a brutal collision. Tavares gave a thumbs up in the way out, but it did not look good at all.

Screenshot_20210521-120917.jpg
It was Tavares fighting to get up there, not the staff making him. First trainer to arrive was trying to stabilize his neck as best as possible in spite of that.

Without a doubt the scariest thing I’ve seen that I can remember . I thought he was in real trouble when he passed out when trying to get up. I didn’t know what the fuck was going on there. Really tough to watch for sure. You don’t want to see that happen to anybody but when it’s John Tavares, that hurts just a bit more.
Last edited by NHLTIM on Fri May 21, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:22 am
BluesSK wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Screenshot_20210521-120917.jpg
It was Tavares fighting to get up there, not the staff making him. First trainer to arrive was trying to stabilize his neck as best as possible in spite of that.
Yeah the only clip of that I saw (which I wouldn't recommend anyone watch) started when it seemed like Tavares was clearly not lucid and his body was basically running on instinct while the first trainer desperately tried to keep his neck still. Just an absolutely brutal thing to witness.

Speaking of, can anyone explain to me why the fuck all the coaching staff are wearing masks behind the bench at games? There probably is no more rigorous testing and prevention regimen for a group of people than a professional sports team and referees. They are in a building with thousands of maskless people, from whom they are separated by plexiglass (if they’re feeling “at risk” themselves and feel a piece of cloth will protect them). They sure have no problem sending millionaires out onto the ice to breathe on, shout at, and get physical with each other. And, Berube at least was pulling his mask down every time he talked (yelled) at players. So again I ask you, why the fuck are all the coaching staff (and fucking backup goaltenders) wearing masks behind the bench?