Re: News and Games around the NHL

ratonmono wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 am McDavid looks like he’s gonna hit 100 points this year. Crazy. 150 point pace over an 82 game season. That’s elite company if he can do it next season. Only Wayne, Mario, Esposito, Yzerman and Bernie fucking Nicholls?! have hit that mark.
Yeah that's nuts, particularly since its about 30x harder to score a goal these days.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 amMcDavid looks like he’s gonna hit 100 points this year. Crazy. 150 point pace over an 82 game season. That’s elite company if he can do it next season. Only Wayne, Mario, Esposito, Yzerman and Bernie fucking Nicholls?! have hit that mark.
The NHL has already penciled in an opening weekend match-up of EDM & WSH on the 2021-22 schedule. Tommy Gun Wilson will have none of this scoring nonsense in his league.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 am
ratonmono wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 amMcDavid looks like he’s gonna hit 100 points this year. Crazy. 150 point pace over an 82 game season. That’s elite company if he can do it next season. Only Wayne, Mario, Esposito, Yzerman and Bernie fucking Nicholls?! have hit that mark.
The NHL has already penciled in an opening weekend match-up of EDM & WSH on the 2021-22 schedule. Tommy Gun Wilson will have none of this scoring nonsense in his league.
Parros is fucking Tom's old lady.

ratonmono wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 am McDavid looks like he’s gonna hit 100 points this year. Crazy. 150 point pace over an 82 game season. That’s elite company if he can do it next season. Only Wayne, Mario, Esposito, Yzerman and Bernie fucking Nicholls?! have hit that mark.
Yeah, but the player numbers and team win totals are skewed some this year. You got guys/teams playing the same group of teams and same group of goalies all regular season. Familiarity is huge. Not saying McDavid can't hit a 2 points per game mark for a full season, because he can. But there's some guys with inflated goal totals this year like for instance Erickson-Ek. He ain't no fucking 35 goal scorer, which is what his pace is. And Minnesota as a whole wouldn't have this good a record either. Just sayin.................

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:50 am Thanks to Tom Wilson I’m gonna watch NHL hockey tonight
It really could be an insane game. In addition to all the Wilson stuff, the Caps will be without Ovechkin, and will be getting Oshie back for the first time since his dad died. While it's going to be an emotional powder keg, the Caps can't really take their eyes off the prize. They're in a tight race for seeding that could reasonably wind up with them finishing anyway from 1-3 in the division (4 is possible but unlikely).

The Rangers are obviously pissed, but I don't know how rough they're going to get given their roster. Obviously there are only a handful of guys that are on Wilson's level as a fighter, so while I'd expect someone like Trouba to drop the gloves, is that really even going to deliver a message? Are they going to try to take hypocritacal cheap shots on him after releasing a statement yesterday decrying Wilson's actions?

This is as must watch as a late season game gets between two teams who are each missing their best player.

BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:10 am
Yeah, but the player numbers and team win totals are skewed some this year. You got guys/teams playing the same group of teams and same group of goalies all regular season. Familiarity is huge. Not saying McDavid can't hit a 2 points per game mark for a full season, because he can. But there's some guys with inflated goal totals this year like for instance Erickson-Ek. He ain't no fucking 35 goal scorer, which is what his pace is. And Minnesota as a whole wouldn't have this good a record either. Just sayin.................
Brad Boyes scored 76 goals over a 2 year stretch. Eriksson-Ek is twice the player Boyes was. Everybody knows this year is kinda fake, which is why Rat said it's elite company if he can do it next year.

BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:10 am
No doubt it's a weird season with the schedule. Still 100 points in a shortened season is incredible. I hope he can hit 150 next year, I love witnessing greatness. I think he can do it. If he stays healthy he could easily wind up being the #2 point scorer of all time. He might be the guy to finally get more points than Gretzky has assists.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:34 pm This is absolutely insane:

Look, I don't think you need a President of Hockey Ops, but you Gorton has done an amazing job as GM turning the Rangers around relatively quickly. Yet another reason to watch Rangers-Caps tonight!
Gorton could use an enforcer...his only real issue with that roster as far as I’m concerned
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Look, I don't think you need a President of Hockey Ops, but you Gorton has done an amazing job as GM turning the Rangers around relatively quickly. Yet another reason to watch Rangers-Caps tonight!
I don't know if 4 years is quick, but in comparison to the Hawks and what they're doing, it's quick.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Gorton could use an enforcer...his only real issue with that roster as far as I’m concerned
When do you ever need an enforcer in today's NHL? :lol:

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:37 pm

This was the perfect year for one too...just stick him on your taxi squad and dress him when you play the Caps. I bet Jeff Gorton won’t make that mistake again. Drury probably has Reaves written on his off-season “list of things to do” blackboard!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:37 pm

This was the perfect year for one too...just stick him on your taxi squad and dress him when you play the Caps. I bet Jeff Gorton won’t make that mistake again. Drury probably has Reaves written on his off-season “list of things to do” blackboard!
Totally. Gorton is probably the first call for the next team to fire their GM. JD will surely be praising Gorton as EPSN's lead analyst next fall.

So this firing all has to do with the after effects of this Wilson shit? Apparently Gorton and JD distanced themselves from a Ranger team statement? I’m hearing this stuff but I don’t know the details or what statement was made. Anyone know about this? People are claiming Tom Wilson destroyed the Rangers operations now :lol:

BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pm So this firing all has to do with the after effects of this Wilson shit? Apparently Gorton and JD distanced themselves from a Ranger team statement? I’m hearing this stuff but I don’t know the details or what statement was made. Anyone know about this? People are claiming Tom Wilson destroyed the Rangers operations now :lol:
Dolan is a sack of shit that LOVES to meddle. I'm positive that statement was from his office. Now I disagreed with no suspension, I thought Wilson should have gotten a few games but to make that kind of reactionary, whiny take on it? Stupid.

BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pm So this firing all has to do with the after effects of this Wilson shit? Apparently Gorton and JD distanced themselves from a Ranger team statement? I’m hearing this stuff but I don’t know the details or what statement was made. Anyone know about this? People are claiming Tom Wilson destroyed the Rangers operations now :lol:
Supposedly it wasn't related but who knows. Dolan is insane and both his franchises have sucked most of the time he's owned them. The statement was stupid and made the Rangers look like whiny losers. I would've distanced myself from it too.