Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:35 pm Interesting stat I heard watching Wings game today. Nick Lidstrom won all of his 7 Norris trophy’s from age 31 and beyond. That’s kind of nuts.
He probably should've won a couple more before he started winning, but definitely shouldn't have won his last one. It probably evened out.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:40 amBuckle up boys and girls, the Tom Wilson takes are going to be coming in hot today:
He's a psycho.
A spear to the nuts for five straight games would improve that young man's attitude real goodly. Old Time Hockey needs to be resurrected for the occasion. It can then be put back in the box, until the next knucklehead comes along.

That's because he was a finesse defenceman, rather than depending more on his physical traits - he depended upon hockey sense, and what he added to his game from experience. The older he got, the more knowledge he got from experience that he incorporated into his game. As he was less physically-based, his overall effectiveness would deteriorate significantly less than the more physically-based defencemen. He was a much smarter player at 31 than he was at 24, and he hadn't deteriorated much physically by age 35 as the more physically-based players, so he remained effective to a late age.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am
T.C. wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 am Oh boy....
wow, five thousand whole entire dollars? i'm sure he'll be feeling that.
I'm a fan of punishment being something different than money. Public humiliation of some sort. Or like, someone gets to fuck his wife.
Pretty sure that was the system they had in place in the early 90s. I wonder what Craig Janney did to earn his punishment, but it was enough to get Brendan Shanahan interested in player safety.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:59 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am
T.C. wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 am

wow, five thousand whole entire dollars? i'm sure he'll be feeling that.
I'm a fan of punishment being something different than money. Public humiliation of some sort. Or like, someone gets to fuck his wife.

Pretty sure that was the system they had in place in the early 90s. I wonder what Craig Janney did to earn his punishment, but it was enough to get Brendan Shanahan interested in player safety.
:lol: :lol: :lol: