Re: GDT: Minnesota Wild vs Your St Louis Blues - 7:00 4/29

T.C. wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:05 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:49 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 am

There was some squawking on here about his leadership when they kept losing. Schenn got in a couple fights (but didn't snap out of his goalless draught) and people started saying he should've gotten the C. I like Schenn of course, but ROR is a great captain.
That would be me. I like both guys but I still think Schenn is better suited for the Captains job. More vocal. More emotional. O'Reilly is a lot more cerebral and his leadership would be the same without the C.
This is true. He strikes me as a real jedi style leader, not a rah-rah type. I would have gladly endorsed schenn for the C for this reason. But “prefer” is a strong word for me here, i think either was a good choice.
Yoda O'Reilly

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:19 am

That would be me. I like both guys but I still think Schenn is better suited for the Captains job. More vocal. More emotional. O'Reilly is a lot more cerebral and his leadership would be the same without the C.
This is true. He strikes me as a real jedi style leader, not a rah-rah type. I would have gladly endorsed schenn for the C for this reason. But “prefer” is a strong word for me here, i think either was a good choice.
Yoda O'Reilly
When you can snatch the pebble from my hand grasshoppa

There was some squawking on here about his leadership when they kept losing. Schenn got in a couple fights (but didn't snap out of his goalless draught) and people started saying he should've gotten the C. I like Schenn of course, but ROR is a great captain.
Schenn is Chazz Michael Michaels and O'Reilly is Jimmy MacElroy. 😆

T.C. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:58 am

who says that?
So is Schenn's.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BlueinNy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:51 pm
Robb_K wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:35 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 am

Kerber was talking about Kostin getting in there. Wouldn’t it be something if he could spark the team even more? It’s shit like that you need to make a Cinderella story.
I like him best when he plays his heavy game. He could be a catalyst to get The Blues on a tear, like Reaves.
Have you watched many games ? Tell us more, its been a Klem drought since he got drafted . Really want to to see this kid on The ice.
I haven't watched Kostin's KHL games. But I've read reports that Kostin has been playing really well, with lots of energy and lots of good hitting, and creating offence during his team's run through The KHL Playoffs. I think that that kind of play, strong and relentless on the forecheck, driving the net , and even getting back on defence, as a scoring forward, can help The Blues. He's been scoring goals close in, near the crease.