Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm Anyone else thinking the Blues will leave Tarasenko unprotected in the expansion draft?
I brought that up to Mattyice here at work last week and it crossed his mind too. But if he don’t get picked, then does that sour the relationship and make things awkward? Tough call on doing that from Blues management perspective.

You don't expose Tarasenko unless you know for sure that Seattle is taking him. That relationship would be toast. I haven't looked at that list in a while. Wonder if Dunn's mediocre season cools interest since he was the guy most people thought would be taken.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm Anyone else thinking the Blues will leave Tarasenko unprotected in the expansion draft?
25 percent chance of that. I would rather expose Krug.
Krug is gonna be exposed I think. You protect Parayko, Faulk, and Dunn.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:22 pm
I brought that up to Mattyice here at work last week and it crossed his mind too. But if he don’t get picked, then does that sour the relationship and make things awkward? Tough call on doing that from Blues management perspective.
Who cares if it sours the relationship. He was butthurt when he got passed over for the “C” too. He will get over it. He should be traded in the off-season....but my guess is he’s probably got issues with his shoulder again now. He would have been the perfect addition this summer for an eastern team that is close to winning the cup....like the Islanders. I hope his injury isn’t serious and I hope we can trade him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 am
BillP. wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Who cares if it sours the relationship. He was butthurt when he got passed over for the “C” too. He will get over it. He should be traded in the off-season....but my guess is he’s probably got issues with his shoulder again now. He would have been the perfect addition this summer for an eastern team that is close to winning the cup....like the Islanders. I hope his injury isn’t serious and I hope we can trade him.
Agreed. That recurring shoulder problem worries me. Not to mention that teams seem to have figured out how to defense him.

One major element of the expansion draft list is what happens with Schwartz. If those negotiations don't go well and he hasn't signed by then, you can leave him exposed. I believe if Seattle were to pick him, they just get about a week's worth of negotiating rights before he goes UFA. My List at the moment looks like this:
Forwards
O'Reilly, Schenn, Perron, Kyrou, Thomas
Defense
Faulk, Krug, Parayko
Goalie
Binnington

That leaves two forward spots open. Schwartz, Bozak and Hoffman are all UFAs. Seattle probably has no interest and Bozak, and I don't think Hoffman is coming back. I don't think Armstrong would get cute with leaving Schwartz off then trying to sign him during UFA period. If you leave Tarasenko exposed, he's out of here one way or another. I don't know whether or not Seattle takes him, since everything I've heard has them trying to meet the cap minimum at the draft, then going crazy during UFA period since nobody else really has any cap space. You could probably still take Tarasenko and have plenty of room though. If you keep Tarasenko and sign Schwartz, boom, there you go. If you sign Schwartz and want Tarasenko's cap space to open up, boom there's a spot for Sunny D (who I'd assume is the next man up on almost everyone's list). If negotiations with Schwartz fizzle out, I think you definitely keep Tarasenko. If you leave him exposed, the extra protected slot goes to a guy like Barbashev or Sanford. I like Barbashev, but he's replacable.

It's going to be interesting. I don't think Armstrong does any side deals to ensure Seattle takes a certain player as he's mentioned he's not into that. The Schwartz negotiation and how they feel about Tarasenko's long term future with the team are the key factors for me.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am Seattle is gonna take Sanford and not think twice about it.
Wonder if his tribute video his first night back at Scottrade will include him puking at the parade.
It should only be the puking incident and Bortz kicking his ass in practice !

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am Seattle is gonna take Sanford and not think twice about it.
Wonder if his tribute video his first night back at Scottrade will include him puking at the parade.
It should only be the puking incident and Bortz kicking his ass in practice !
He could be the first Kraken to get his face punched. What a spot hockey history!