Re: GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Your St Louis Blues - 6:00 4/26 - TV: BSMW+

i work in IT. i am aware. but i’m not fucking getting up and walking across the room whenever i want to pause, rewind, ff, etc. if the NHL wants to play hardball with sinclair, cool, but there are consequences. like a guy who gave enough of a shit about his favorite team to spend decades on a discussion board, even starting his own to continue to do so after the previous one went to shit, now not caring enough to jump through all the hoops necessary to watch hockey illegally. i’m sure gary bettman is losing sleep every night over it, but if they want to fuck me, then so be it, but you will get what you asked for.

it would have been very simple - sinclair wants to fuck with TV providers? ok, fine, but that invalidates the existing contract, so now all the NHL had to do was remove the “local blackout” restrictions on their own fucking service. i would have bought it to watch. fuck all the providers, do your own thing. but, nope, so now fuck you.

further, pulling these shennanigans after two COVID-shortened “seasons”, with no fans in the buildings for most of it, with your stupid fucking crowd noise pumped into the broadcasts? fuck all of this. it’s retarded, short-sighted, and does nothing but infuriate me, if that part wasn’t obvious.

fuck them, fuck this, fuck sinclair. they all now get my complete disinterest. hope it was worth it.

T.C. wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 pm i work in IT. i am aware. but i’m not fucking getting up and walking across the room whenever i want to pause, rewind, ff, etc. if the NHL wants to play hardball with sinclair, cool, but there are consequences. like a guy who gave enough of a shit about his favorite team to spend decades on a discussion board, even starting his own to continue to do so after the previous one went to shit, now not caring enough to jump through all the hoops necessary to watch hockey illegally. i’m sure gary bettman is losing sleep every night over it, but if they want to fuck me, then so be it, but you will get what you asked for.

it would have been very simple - sinclair wants to fuck with TV providers? ok, fine, but that invalidates the existing contract, so now all the NHL had to do was remove the “local blackout” restrictions on their own fucking service. i would have bought it to watch. fuck all the providers, do your own thing. but, nope, so now fuck you.

further, pulling these shennanigans after two COVID-shortened “seasons”, with no fans in the buildings for most of it, with your stupid fucking crowd noise pumped into the broadcasts? fuck all of this. it’s retarded, short-sighted, and does nothing but infuriate me, if that part wasn’t obvious.

fuck them, fuck this, fuck sinclair. they all now get my complete disinterest. hope it was worth it.

This is all about cashing in on sports gaming, so they don't care about fans...they're banking on desperate people forking over their paychecks to bet on the color of Perron's skates.

T.C. wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 pm i work in IT. i am aware. but i’m not fucking getting up and walking across the room whenever i want to pause, rewind, ff, etc. if the NHL wants to play hardball with sinclair, cool, but there are consequences. like a guy who gave enough of a shit about his favorite team to spend decades on a discussion board, even starting his own to continue to do so after the previous one went to shit, now not caring enough to jump through all the hoops necessary to watch hockey illegally. i’m sure gary bettman is losing sleep every night over it, but if they want to fuck me, then so be it, but you will get what you asked for.

What T.C.said. There are work arounds to get around this insanity, but Fuck em! If they can't provide my team without linking it to a bunch of shit I don't want to watch, then they can go to hell. I'll watch the highlights on the news, and save myself a lot og aggravation. I've got to watch one game this season, and the world is still spinnng.

MattyIce wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:51 am The biggest fix would be lifting the area blackout on the NHL package. I would buy that every year if they did that.
Luckily the VPN on my laptop works great, but that doesn't help the TV/computer situation.
Not sure what VPN you use on your laptop but NordVPN will work on most Android based Smart TVs and all Firestick, Fire TV, AppleTV and Roku to name a few. And it works on any Windows/iOS based computer/laptop.

Aesa wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:20 pm
MattyIce wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:51 am The biggest fix would be lifting the area blackout on the NHL package. I would buy that every year if they did that.
Luckily the VPN on my laptop works great, but that doesn't help the TV/computer situation.
Not sure what VPN you use on your laptop but NordVPN will work on most Android based Smart TVs and all Firestick, Fire TV, AppleTV and Roku to name a few. And it works on any Windows/iOS based computer/laptop.
Nice thanks!
KA-KAW!