Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Colorado - 6:30 4/14 - TV:NBCSN

Not a good period at all. The Avs adjusted to what The Blues did in The 1st, and played the whole period in The Blues' end, and not only scored often, but got power plays, and Tired The Blues out defending all the time. I hope the shorter change distance will help, but The Blues need to break out of their zone quickly, with everyone skating hard up ice to be available to receive passes and help out.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 pm Congrats doc! What’s your specialty?
Haha, not a medical doctor. Just defended my PhD in biostatistics, basically I’m a nerd who enjoys math

Very funny on the proctology through Drubily!
Well done UMSL! Congrats on the doctorate, AND on being the first member of this forum to prove capable of passing elementary school math classes!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 pm Congrats doc! What’s your specialty?
Haha, not a medical doctor. Just defended my PhD in biostatistics, basically I’m a nerd who enjoys math

Very funny on the proctology through Drubily!
Well done UMSL! Congrats on the doctorate, AND on being the first member of this forum to prove capable of passing elementary school math classes!
Thanks! At this point though, I basically write computer programs to do the math for me...so who knows if I could actual pass an elementary school math class where I have to do it by hand! :lol:

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 am The Blues always play Colorado like they're scared to death of their speed, and wait for the Avs to bring the game to them... the last half of last night's game the Blues were the aggressors. that was the difference. The Avs are very beatable, especially with Dubnyk, but you have to get in their face and take the game to them.
I just don't think the Blues have the talent/ability to do that for a full game, much less a 7 game series. If we matchup with the Avs in the playoffs, we'll be out in 5 IMHO. They are what they are, and the Avs are just the better team talent wise; sucks to say, but they are. Great effort in the 3rd, and enjoyed the game and still happy the team is playing better than a couple weeks ago, but as others have mentioned, I have zero expectations this team as it is built to move past the 1st round...IF they make the playoffs at all.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 am The Blues always play Colorado like they're scared to death of their speed, and wait for the Avs to bring the game to them... the last half of last night's game the Blues were the aggressors. that was the difference. The Avs are very beatable, especially with Dubnyk, but you have to get in their face and take the game to them.
I just don't think the Blues have the talent/ability to do that for a full game, much less a 7 game series. If we matchup with the Avs in the playoffs, we'll be out in 5 IMHO. They are what they are, and the Avs are just the better team talent wise; sucks to say, but they are. Great effort in the 3rd, and enjoyed the game and still happy the team is playing better than a couple weeks ago, but as others have mentioned, I have zero expectations this team as it is built to move past the 1st round...IF they make the playoffs at all.
Likely true, though I still want them to get in. I know some have the opinion that it's better for bubble teams that don't seem likely to win the cup to just miss out and take their chances in the lottery, but I just think there's value in making the playoffs. I was apathetic about the playoffs as recently as last week, but now I want them in for sure, even if they get smoked.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 am
Likely true, though I still want them to get in. I know some have the opinion that it's better for bubble teams that don't seem likely to win the cup to just miss out and take their chances in the lottery, but I just think there's value in making the playoffs. I was apathetic about the playoffs as recently as last week, but now I want them in for sure, even if they get smoked.
Totally agree. Any extra experience, revenue, and momentum matters for the organization and team moving forward. The best the Blues could do most likely is move up to a 3-5 pick, and honestly Blues seem to do just fine with their mid-round picks....but we did do pretty good at the #4 pick 13 years ago with a former Captain who dare I say our team misses a LOT on the backend this season.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

This is what we need. More doom and gloom posts. People started writing them off and the team promptly won 3 games in a row. All of us at BNF need to rip on this team to get them on a run

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 am

Totally agree. Any extra experience, revenue, and momentum matters for the organization and team moving forward. The best the Blues could do most likely is move up to a 3-5 pick, and honestly Blues seem to do just fine with their mid-round picks....but we did do pretty good at the #4 pick 13 years ago with a former Captain who dare I say our team misses a LOT on the backend this season.
I will say though, when the wheels were falling off last week a top 10 pick seemed reasonable without any lottery help.