Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Colorado - 6:30 4/14 - TV:NBCSN

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:06 am So...what are the odds they play tonight? Genuine question, I don't know how many times they've had a positive test one day and play the next day. This could be common for all I know. Is there another round of Avs tests today that they need to wait on?
I would imagine they will test once more today and as long as there is no new positives, the game is a go. If one player pops, game off.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Obviously a huge game tonight, if it happens, but the Blues should be up for it. If they want to show they can not only make the playoffs but also make some kind of a run, they have got to beat the top team in our division.

I like the lineups, although I'd rather see JDLR in over Clifford. I've never been a huge fan of Cliff's. His 'fight' with Reaves was a joke. Appreciate him stepping up, but the 'old man' needs to sit more often than play, as he just isn't a factor on the ice IMO. (hopefully he gets the GWG tonight and proves me wrong ;) ).

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:09 am Obviously a huge game tonight, if it happens, but the Blues should be up for it. If they want to show they can not only make the playoffs but also make some kind of a run, they have got to beat the top team in our division.

I like the lineups, although I'd rather see JDLR in over Clifford. I've never been a huge fan of Cliff's. His 'fight' with Reaves was a joke. Appreciate him stepping up, but the 'old man' needs to sit more often than play, as he just isn't a factor on the ice IMO. (hopefully he gets the GWG tonight and proves me wrong ;) ).

Let's GO BLUES!!!
I've been pleasantly surprised by Clifford. I had pretty low expectations for him, but he's brought more to the table than I expected. Having said that, DLR's speed would be helpful in this matchup. I guess you've got Kyrou's speed on the 4th line anyway, but that's a whole other topic.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:06 am So...what are the odds they play tonight? Genuine question, I don't know how many times they've had a positive test one day and play the next day. This could be common for all I know. Is there another round of Avs tests today that they need to wait on?
From this mornings Denver Post: "Last Friday, the Avs canceled a morning skate at the Anaheim Ducks after a positive coronavirus test with rookie defenseman Bo Byram added to the COVID-19 protocol absence list. Colorado still played its game that night with a 2-0 victory."

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/14/a ... ues-covid/

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm A Barbashev, Kyrou, DLR line would be pretty exciting to watch.
A Barbashev, Kyrou, Kostin line would be even better. Any chance we see him this year?
I doubt it. His team is in Game 7 of the KHL conference finals. Even if they lose, he has a quarantine period, then would have to get up to speed in a playoff race. I don't see them putting that on his plate. Less than a month left in the regular season here.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm A Barbashev, Kyrou, DLR line would be pretty exciting to watch.
A Barbashev, Kyrou, Kostin line would be even better. Any chance we see him this year?
A barbashev kostin tarasenko line would be unstoppable. the new Demitra, Bartecko, Handzus line
I love it, a Russian line. Let's do it!

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:07 pm

A barbashev kostin tarasenko line would be unstoppable. the new Demitra, Bartecko, Handzus line
It work for Detroit a couple of decades ago, why not us?

I hated playing against that line but damn, they were fun to watch. 8-)

Aesa wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:07 pm

It work for Detroit a couple of decades ago, why not us?

I hated playing against that line but damn, they were fun to watch. 8-)
Federov might be the player that's highest ever for me on the "Torture Administered"/"Damn You're Cool, Though" scale.