Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 pm I want some opinions here.

I feel Winnipeg and Dallas were a tougher duo to face for the Blues during their Cup run as opposed to the possible upcoming tandem matchup of Vegas/Colorado.

Thoughts?
I think that's incorrect. Vegas and Colorado are probably 2 of the 3 best teams in the league. Dallas couldn't score, 3rd fewest goals in the league. Bishop just got crazy hot, that's the only reason that was a good series. Winnepeg was pretty good, but Hellebuyck had a so so year and overall the Jets were inferior to both Vegas and Colorado this season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Rivermanfan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:33 am My microchip has been fully activated as of Monday!! I am waiting for my first orders from Bill Gates any day!!
Don't forget to double no triple mask. I've searched every Google sight I can find and I can't find the medical text book where it states that depriving the human body of oxygen enhances the immune system. But Fauci says so, so...

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:11 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 pm I want some opinions here.

I feel Winnipeg and Dallas were a tougher duo to face for the Blues during their Cup run as opposed to the possible upcoming tandem matchup of Vegas/Colorado.

Thoughts?
I think that's incorrect. Vegas and Colorado are probably 2 of the 3 best teams in the league. Dallas couldn't score, 3rd fewest goals in the league. Bishop just got crazy hot, that's the only reason that was a good series. Winnepeg was pretty good, but Hellebuyck had a so so year and overall the Jets were inferior to both Vegas and Colorado this season.
I agree. Dallas hasn't got the overall forward speed and skill to dominate The Blues the way The Avs an Knights can when they get on a roll, and The Blues are tired, or off their game. The Jets don't have the defence to hold the Blues down. They make a lot of errors, which The Blues can exploit. I know that well, because they are my 2nd favourite team, and I see them in Winnipeg for a couple months each year when I visit my sister. The Blues are capable of beating The Jets regularly, 4 out of every 7 games, when they are healthy and playing their 2-way game. I think The Blues are a shade better than Dallas, on average, when both teams on at their best. On the other hand, I'd say that The Blues can be expected to play about even with The Knights when both teams are at their best, and it seems that The Avs are probably a little better than The Blues when both teams are at their best. But, the questions are: (1) Will The Blues even get into The Playoffs?, (2), IF they get there, will they be playing near the best of their capabilities (e.g. will they be almost totally healthy, not exhausted from spending all their energy just to get in, and will they have had enough time playing together while totally healthy, to be in the groove, playing their team game on all cylinders? They'll need some luck for all that. The odds are that even if they make the playoffs, and somehow get past one of those 2 in Round 1, they're likely to lose to the other one, after a log, hard series with the first.