Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:58 pm

Gary Thorne back in the saddle again.
Is that true or are you just guessing? Gary Thorne would be great.
LOL I have no idea. He must be getting up there now in age. Do him and Bill Clement have enough in the tank.
Clement still does the Flyers games. And he can stay there IMO :lol: Thorne just recently left the Orioles, so he should be available. Get him a good partner and he should even be better. I didn't care for Clement as his sidekick.

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:07 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 amIs that true or are you just guessing? Gary Thorne would be great.
LOL I have no idea. He must be getting up there now in age. Do him and Bill Clement have enough in the tank.
Clement still does the Flyers games. And he can stay there IMO :lol: Thorne just recently left the Orioles, so he should be available. Get him a good partner and he should even be better. I didn't care for Clement as his sidekick.
On-air media employers are typically hesitant to hire someone with a recent history of contract disputes. Unless they're hiring a shock jock. :idea:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:05 pm Full details in the link. I think this is great for the league. Especially since I already have espn+

Yeah sounds like I'll have to get ESPN+ in lieu of NHL.tv, which this deal kills. I think that winds up being a big win for out of market fans? Cost to watch teams decreases and you get all of the other ESPN+ stuff...at least I think the release says? I assume you don't need to get Hulu as well. If so that changes the math.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:28 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:44 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:39 pm Can anyone explain this?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-eva ... 08787.html
A sleazy way for Kane to get out of paying his creditors.
Never heard of such bullshit, I live with in my means, you live within yours. This over paid douche shouldn't be allowed to skate. I call drugs, gambling, or ex wives as the culprit.
I think it's been rumored if not reported that gambling is a driving source of his financial issues.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:54 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:05 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 pm
I refuse to click on that based purely on the screenshot.
haha If you can get past the first highlight it's a wonderful trip down 90's memory lane.

But I do love that we can see that screenshot and know what is about to happen exactly.
That opening sequence is a kick in the gut of any true Blues fan, never to be forgotten. If the clip had started 3 seconds earlier, it would've been a kick in the nuts. :shock:

Stephen A being involved is a good thing. I'd imagine they will use him just like they do in MMA. Some spot commentary on pregame shows here and there. Not a major role. The man has a huge radio show and fanbase, if he's mentioning hockey it'll help the sport more than hurt it.

It's about growing the sport right? It's not like he'll be doing PBP.
Just a Russian propaganda account