Re: New Consolidated R.I.P. Thread

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:12 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:57 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:04 pm
I give up... original Beatle?
He was a local roller hockey legend.
Please forgive The Rev for missing the clues in the photo. He couldn't find his Readers.com® +3.25 cheaters.

R.I.P. to the young man.
He was young. When I first started skating in 1996 Tracy was the man, fast, and a absolute booming shot....breaking plexi-glass with a roller puck is no small feat. Homeless since age 13 he lived in an abandon house on Lafayette Ave...somewhere West of Spring. He told me he was stealing electricity and had Nintendos hooked up in the house, which he would charge neighborhood kids to play. The roller hockey boom hit in the 90's due to the skyrocketing popularity of hockey and lack of ice rinks locally. Tracy was a fixture at All-American when it opened up...reffing...keeping stats...and playing, he lived in the rink. One night he climbed through the drop ceiling into the pro-shop and stole some things...probably because he needed gear and couldn't afford it, or needed money to eat. After that I saw him a few times between 1997 and 2010 when he moved into the Skatium, which was a shambles until he arrived and cleaned it up. For the last ten years he has been the guy there ....keeping stats....renting sound systems and recently he had installed 20 arcade games and was finally turning a profit off of them. I can't help but wonder if in another world he would have had health insurance and might have had his diabetes under control. Thanks for listening, he was one of a kind.

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:24 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:12 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:57 pmHe was a local roller hockey legend.
Please forgive The Rev for missing the clues in the photo. He couldn't find his Readers.com® +3.25 cheaters.

R.I.P. to the young man.
He was young. When I first started skating in 1996 Tracy was the man, fast, and a absolute booming shot....breaking plexi-glass with a roller puck is no small feat. Homeless since age 13 he lived in an abandon house on Lafayette Ave...somewhere West of Spring. He told me he was stealing electricity and had Nintendos hooked up in the house, which he would charge neighborhood kids to play. The roller hockey boom hit in the 90's due to the skyrocketing popularity of hockey and lack of ice rinks locally. Tracy was a fixture at All-American when it opened up...reffing...keeping stats...and playing, he lived in the rink. One night he climbed through the drop ceiling into the pro-shop and stole some things...probably because he needed gear and couldn't afford it, or needed money to eat. After that I saw him a few times between 1997 and 2010 when he moved into the Skatium, which was a shambles until he arrived and cleaned it up. For the last ten years he has been the guy there ....keeping stats....renting sound systems and recently he had installed 20 arcade games and was finally turning a profit off of them. I can't help but wonder if in another world he would have had health insurance and might have had his diabetes under control. Thanks for listening, he was one of a kind.
Sounds like he lived a full if not wholly satisfying life. Lots of people have the latter without the former.

T.C. wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 am...at the hospital. like the adage goes, "no one dies at Disneyland." probably stuck his corpsecicle in a dominos heat bag until the ambulance got there so he could die in the ER.
Surely you're not suggesting that the "2 paramedics on-site, plus a safety producer and paramedic coordinator" shared an extra-large specialty pie & a side of hot wings before they made a "delivery" to the closest ER?

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 am...at the hospital. like the adage goes, "no one dies at Disneyland." probably stuck his corpsecicle in a dominos heat bag until the ambulance got there so he could die in the ER.
Surely you're not suggesting that the "2 paramedics on-site, plus a safety producer and paramedic coordinator" shared an extra-large specialty pie & a side of hot wings before they made a "delivery" to the closest ER?
One E.R. Doc to the other:
"Man, if this dude came straight from WIPEOUT, why does he reek of marinara and Tabasco.... with a slight hint of sweet basil?"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:10 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:10 amR.I.P. to a brave & quietly passionate young man ... CBS News: Ice Bucket Challenge co-founder Pat Quinn has died at age 37 after battle with ALS
You've probably had a bucket of ice-water thrown on you over the years... not having anything to do with ALS though.
It's Mrs. JMC's traditional wedding anniversary gift to me. In our early years, she'd dump it in my lap. No need for that any more.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:27 pm Only Ginger is left to keep the rescue fire going ... NY Post: Tina Louise, last surviving ‘Gilligan’s Island’ star, reveals truth about Dawn Wells
what clickbait. “the truth” is that they got along fine and liked each other. also, i don’t think you can refer to Tina Louise as an “enduring beauty” right below a current-ish picture of her showing quite the opposite. fucking media.

T.C. wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:33 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:27 pmOnly Ginger is left to keep the rescue fire going ... NY Post: Tina Louise, last surviving ‘Gilligan’s Island’ star, reveals truth about Dawn Wells
what clickbait. “the truth” is that they got along fine and liked each other. also, i don’t think you can refer to Tina Louise as an “enduring beauty” right below a current-ish picture of her showing quite the opposite. fucking media.
How DARE you denigrate fucking by comparing it to the New York Post!