Re: Fantasy Hockey

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:15 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 am I don’t know how this is going to play out but Team Roenick and Cherry is in first as of this morning which is pretty amazing because I had two guys that didn’t even play in the first round ....Carlson and Scheifele...I mean Scheifele played 4 mins or so and Carlson is still up in the air.
One word: Aho. Luckily for the rest of us he's not playing the Rangers anymore. Looking forward to seeing what Stone can do against the Hawks.
I almost went with Stone but I figured that maybe Shea Theodore would be a good target probably less targeted.
McDavid helped me a lot too but I think most picked him as well. Sure wish I would have grabbed Pierre Luc Dubois over Marner now.
That's funny, I had Theodore at first but flipped it to Stone. In most cases I tried to take D from the teams I was less confident would advance very far. That's part of why I didn't take guys like Hedman or Carlson. If a team is going to make a run, might as well have the guys that are doing most of the scoring. Petro was my only pick that really bucked that trend, but there's no standout forward point producer for the Blues anyway. Looking forward to having this fantasy thing as a backdrop for what will probably be an unpredictable playoff year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:27 pm Roenick & Cherry creating a little separation...
A little bit of a cushion but I don’t think that means much in this league especially when we drop to 8 teams in another 2 weeks
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:27 pm Roenick & Cherry creating a little separation...
Well what do you expect, with Roenick and Cherry he’s got the man advantage on us.
I've said a lot of not nice things about Roenick on this forum, but he was tremendous at creating space.

I just checked my roster. Ovechkin still hasn't produced a single point for me. Tonight would be a great time to get on the board.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 am
Well what do you expect, with Roenick and Cherry he’s got the man advantage on us.
I've said a lot of not nice things about Roenick on this forum, but he was tremendous at creating space.

I just checked my roster. Ovechkin still hasn't produced a single point for me. Tonight would be a great time to get on the board.
Yeah, I know. Giroux for me as well.................guess Tim had an effect on you somehow.......... I mean you took Travis Koneckny..............shocker :o

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 am

Bingo!

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:41 pm With the Caps getting bounced and me losing Ovechkin. I’m probably done. Unless Pasta and Giroux go on a binge, I can’t see it.
Looking it over and with me and Dave in 1st and 2nd respectively....the Dallas and Calgary series is huge. If Dallas wins, that will give me a bit of an edge....if Calgary wins, that will gave Dave an edge, provided Tkachuk plays again. We pretty much have guys from the same teams for the most part after that.
Guts Danson is right there too....the loss of Svechnikov hurts him a bit though. Definitely a long way from over.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm Nobody picked an Islander................I don't think anyone is going to catch Tim.
There's a long way to go, but only if the right teams advance. Realistically I've only got a shot if Stone and Kucherov are Conn Smythe candidates.

Really regret not taking both an Islander and a Golden Knight. Missed opportunity.

Losing on the Pasternak / Marchand battle.

And Giroux has killed me. Even though he’s tied with Konecny with a paltry 5 assists, it’s a missed opportunity for him to be blowing him away.

Also losing on the Klingberg / Heiskanen battle.

And both Scheifele and Letang were wasted picks.

Thought I’d vent the errors of my draft :)

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 am Really regret not taking both an Islander and a Golden Knight. Missed opportunity.

And Giroux has killed me. Even though he’s tied with Konecny with a paltry 5 assists, it’s a missed opportunity for him to be blowing him away.

The Flyers aren't getting much production from any of their big guns and it's killing them. Despite Tim already having the thing pretty much locked up, it's a fun format. Hopefully we don't have to guess after a 4 month break before next years playoffs.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:00 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 am Really regret not taking both an Islander and a Golden Knight. Missed opportunity.

The Flyers aren't getting much production from any of their big guns and it's killing them. Despite Tim already having the thing pretty much locked up, it's a fun format. Hopefully we don't have to guess after a 4 month break before next years playoffs.
Okay Dave, it’s a race for 2nd place. I’ll be happy to take home the Silver :)

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 am It looks like I'm back in, so my team will be ready to return as the Sanford of fantasy hockey; get punched around, get pissed and win a few, then slack for a few weeks until DPW or Billy P punches me in the face again.
Bring it on Boss!!!!!!!