Re: MLS to St Louis

yeah but for "event" games, everyone has fomo. when there are a zillion games here, i don't know that it's sustainable. shrug. hope for the city's sake i'm wrong, but it'll be another reason i will hate going to the city. if anything could possibly be more annoying that cards fans, it will be stl soccer fans.

T.C. wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm yeah but for "event" games, everyone has fomo. when there are a zillion games here, i don't know that it's sustainable. shrug. hope for the city's sake i'm wrong, but it'll be another reason i will hate going to the city. if anything could possibly be more annoying that cards fans, it will be stl soccer fans.
Soccer fans and hockey fans are generally one in the same.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pmyeah but for "event" games, everyone has fomo. when there are a zillion games here, i don't know that it's sustainable. shrug. hope for the city's sake i'm wrong, but it'll be another reason i will hate going to the city. if anything could possibly be more annoying that cards fans, it will be stl soccer fans.
Soccer fans and hockey fans are generally one in the same.
That's a generality that would not stand up to quantitative scrutiny. But it is true that similarities between the sports do attract some sports fans to both games. There's a much stronger correlation between hockey & lacrosse - especially in Canada - due to the even closer relationship between the two.

What’s the chances the St Louis team is good the first year? Haven’t followed MLS so I don’t know what to go on. Be cool if we Vegas it the first year! Been watching soccer lately to prep up and I’m getting into it. Good stuff!

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:15 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:33 pmWhat’s the chances the St Louis team is good the first year? Haven’t followed MLS so I don’t know what to go on. Be cool if we Vegas it the first year! ...
Though 2-1/2 years old, here's a good summary of MLS expansion franchise success & failure stories ...

MLSSoccer.com (Feb 2017): A look back at the history of MLS expansion
Thanks, that was a good article. Based on that, there’s hope for early success with our expansion team. I’m getting into it. Watched the Sounders and a Galaxy last night and it was a great game.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

Not that this is hockey related but with St. Louis getting an MLS expansion team, I have a renewed interest in MLS. Today they had their first team withdraw from the tournament that starts this week...FC Dallas has pulled out. Somewhat even bigger news is that MLS star Carlos Vela of LAFC opted out...he's pretty much the Connor McDavid, Mike Trout, and Patrick Mahomes of MLS.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:22 pm Not that this is hockey related but with St. Louis getting an MLS expansion team, I have a renewed interest in MLS. Today they had their first team withdraw from the tournament that starts this week...FC Dallas has pulled out. Somewhat even bigger news is that MLS star Carlos Vela of LAFC opted out...he's pretty much the Connor McDavid, Mike Trout, and Patrick Mahomes of MLS.
I’m into the MLS now, started following it last year. Was not aware they had a tournament starting up, thanks for the tip. Speaking of Vela, too bad Ibrahimovic left the Galaxy, he was entertaining to follow as well.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:10 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:22 pm Not that this is hockey related but with St. Louis getting an MLS expansion team, I have a renewed interest in MLS. Today they had their first team withdraw from the tournament that starts this week...FC Dallas has pulled out. Somewhat even bigger news is that MLS star Carlos Vela of LAFC opted out...he's pretty much the Connor McDavid, Mike Trout, and Patrick Mahomes of MLS.
I’m into the MLS now, started following it last year. Was not aware they had a tournament starting up, thanks for the tip. Speaking of Vela, too bad Ibrahimovic left the Galaxy, he was entertaining to follow as well.
LAFC is a fun watch...they are the model that teams should be following right now. No Vela though is a big blow for them. Ibrahimovic was great too. He and Vela didn’t like each other.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Any news on the team name?? Between our MLS team and the new Seattle NHL team, I don't understand them waiting to unveil the team names and logos... now is a great time. We all need SOMETHING fun. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT :lol:
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 pm Any news on the team name?? Between our MLS team and the new Seattle NHL team, I don't understand them waiting to unveil the team names and logos... now is a great time. We all need SOMETHING fun. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT :lol:
They're naming the MLS team the St. Louis Desks and Seattle is being named The Pacific Northwest Forestry Industry.
There, now I've ruined your so called fun. There will be no fun this decade!

ratonmono wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:52 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 pm Any news on the team name?? Between our MLS team and the new Seattle NHL team, I don't understand them waiting to unveil the team names and logos... now is a great time. We all need SOMETHING fun. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT :lol:
They're naming the MLS team the St. Louis Desks and Seattle is being named The Pacific Northwest Forestry Industry.
You can’t name them the Desks...that would insensitive to people with Grafeiphobia.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:23 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 pmAny news on the team name?? Between our MLS team and the new Seattle NHL team, I don't understand them waiting to unveil the team names and logos... now is a great time. We all need SOMETHING fun. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT :lol:
You can’t name them the Desks...that would insensitive to people with Grafeiphobia.
That's "graphophobia" ... and nobody writes on a desk any more. GEEZ, you're an old man.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:54 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:23 pm
That's "graphophobia" ... and nobody writes on a desk any more. GEEZ, you're an old man.
https://www.chbcgroup.net/2019/05/24/gr ... -answer-2/

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:46 am
T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:30 am moved MLS talk to your MLS thread here.
Well that’s bull...I should have posted in the Covid thread anyway . That was important information as to what’s happening in sports right now
Disagree. There's no such thing as important information when it involves soccer
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Well that’s bull...I should have posted in the Covid thread anyway . That was important information as to what’s happening in sports right now
Disagree. There's no such thing as important information when it involves soccer
You watch your goddamn mouth young man
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:32 pm

You watch your goddamn mouth young man
It's basketball without scoring. yawn.

It's more entertaining than baseball....but that's not saying much :)

When the game is played at the highest level, it’s an amazing game. The World Cup is edge of your seat stuff and I really get into it. The MLS is what it is...I’m just happy to have another team in St.Louis to root for.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

When the game is played at the highest level, it’s an amazing game. The World Cup is edge of your seat stuff and I really get into it. The MLS is what it is...I’m just happy to have another team in St.Louis to root for.
That's fair.

Personally I'd love to have an NBA team, so we're all different

Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

That's fair.

Personally I'd love to have an NBA team, so we're all different
Would of been great if someone had bought the Hawks and brought them back to STL. They were for sale a few years ago.