Re: GDT: SCF Game 6: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Thurs 6/9

storey13 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 pm Blais didn’t have a good night. He might be out.
I can't think of anyone, other than O'Reilly, who looked good tonight. It started with special teams - first the 5/3 goal, and then the successive failures to score on the power play, and that pretty much set the tone. They were against the ropes all night, and the bouncy goal was the knockout punch.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:08 pm But the biggest problem for Blues tonight was the lack of physicality. All series they tried to intimidate Bruins and tonight just pure docile. Like Berube has said, we’re more engaged when we’re physical. So go figure. Why let up in the clincher?
My guess is that they were expecting the refs to be whistle-happy because of the Game 5 controversy and trying to stay out of the box so as to avoid a repeat of Game 3.

insideout wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:31 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:08 pm But the biggest problem for Blues tonight was the lack of physicality. All series they tried to intimidate Bruins and tonight just pure docile. Like Berube has said, we’re more engaged when we’re physical. So go figure. Why let up in the clincher?
My guess is that they were expecting the refs to be whistle-happy because of the Game 5 controversy and trying to stay out of the box so as to avoid a repeat of Game 3.
Yeah, I expect the Blues to bounce back like they usually do and play a complete game in Gm 7. Bad thing is the Bruins will probably show up too. This series has mostly been a tennis match where one team tends to dominate the other. Gm 7 will probably be the game where both teams throw their best at one another.

insideout wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:31 pm
Considering Schenn was highly physical with a stupid boarding penalty, that played a hand in to it also I'm sure.

Also, I noticed that ref in the way too Turk; as soon as the puck didn't clear due to the ref being in the way, I just had this feeling that this was going to be the Bruin's 'ref assisted goal'. Unfortunately my feeling was right and that goal just sucked what little life the fans still had.

Oh well, on to Game 7. I still have confidence that they'll rebound and play a great game like they have shown to be capable of this year after a loss, but man, what a disappointment.

Then again, the next best thing to winning it in St. Louis would be to win it in Boston to see all their fans boohooing and crying as we raise the Cup.

#FUCKYOUBOSTON

#LETSGOBLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BluesSK wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm
storey13 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 pm Blais didn’t have a good night. He might be out.
He didn't but I would keep him in over Thomas because he didn't look physically ready to be out there.

If they play like they did in Game 5 they will win, if they play like they did tonight they will lose.
OMG, if they play in Boston like they did in Gm 6 it'll be a blowout. Please, not that. I remember 2 great series that went to a 7th game, and the Leafs and Hawks both blew us out 7-0 and I believe the Hawks game was 8-2..................But I think the Blues will come out and play like they did in Gm 2. I'd be shocked if they don't play a great, great hockey game.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 pm Bruins were never pressured or had any fear tonight....we left them too comfortable. Too many passengers tonight and too many important players didn’t step up. Tarasenko was a no show in the biggest game in Blues history. Schwartz is so frustrating....he’s had his Jamal Mayers cape on this entire series.
It’s frustrating but we all knew this was coming tonight....deep down we knew it.
I felt it in my loins.

The Blues haven't made it easy on us fans. Ever. So why'd we expect anything different than a Game 7. My heart, liver and wallet can't take much more of this.

Doug Glatt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 pm Bruins were never pressured or had any fear tonight....we left them too comfortable. Too many passengers tonight and too many important players didn’t step up. Tarasenko was a no show in the biggest game in Blues history. Schwartz is so frustrating....he’s had his Jamal Mayers cape on this entire series.
It’s frustrating but we all knew this was coming tonight....deep down we knew it.
I felt it in my loins.

The Blues haven't made it easy on us fans. Ever. So why'd we expect anything different than a Game 7. My heart, liver and wallet can't take much more of this.
Even though I posted Phil Collins, truth is I really didn't feel it - :lol: But I'm expecting OT on Wednesday. ROR with the Cup winner and Conn Smythe :D

I would like for them in game 7 to trust their PK. There's a fine line between avoiding stupid penalties and worrying about taking penalties. You have to do the former, and you can't do the latter. Last night it looked like they were doing the latter.They need to play a VERY physical game Wednesday and not get too caught up in how awesome the Boston PP is. Blues penalty kill has been outstanding since the 4-for-4 fiasco: Only one PP goal over three games for Boston, and that was on a 5-3. Be smart, but don't play in fear of Boston's PP.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am I just want them balls to walk and lay it on the line and get back to hitting the Bruins and putting the fear in them. You brought this girl to the dance...no need to leave her for a different one now.
Sucks that they didn't play 'their game' last night. Just too fucking tentative and now skating hard enough, especially our 'top line' which as disappeared again the past couple of games.

I'm confident, but still disappointed. I couldn't even listen to StellaConsumer (Stellick and Simmer) radio this morning on XM NHL Radio. Too soon to hear all the boston gloating and bruin dick sucking. Maybe by tomorrow I'll be able to at least listen to Scott or Boomer as they are not as biased as most in the media in favor for the Bruins.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am I really struggled to get into the game last night. It had a weird feel to it all game. I found myself bored at times. Had a very November Blues feel to it.

This team doesn't quit though. I expect balls to the wall for game 7.

Stay away from the football Lucy.
It's weird but when the stars line up in the sky for this team they don't rise to the occasion.

But when you least expect it... Something good can happen.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am I really struggled to get into the game last night. It had a weird feel to it all game. I found myself bored at times. Had a very November Blues feel to it.

This team doesn't quit though. I expect balls to the wall for game 7.

Stay away from the football Lucy.
It's weird but when the stars line up in the sky for this team they don't rise to the occasion.

But when you least expect it... Something good can happen.
They never play well on a night where someone is being honored.... never!

game was a snooze fest. no intensity, very little physical play from the blues. they didn't look like they really wanted it. they looked scared. they looked afraid to fuck up. which, ironically, IS the fuck up. blais was awful last night, doesn't look like the same player. thomas was invisible, don't think he was ready to return. petro was a turnover machine. ROR and maroon looked good, but man we need that intensity and physical play if they expect to win. with the fourth line back intact, i expect to see it return for game 7. but, it would be the most blues thing ever to get this far, have two chances to win one game for the Cup, completely blues it up.