Re: The Boys

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:07 pm What a GREAT freakin show!
Lets set the front end aside for a minute and it is one of the most well written....well balanced shows I have ever seen. The interweaving story threads always pay off...and lead into the next reveal...this is what a lot of movies or series try and never quite hits the mark. I had no idea what it was going in, so I was resolved to hate it, that resolve faded 10 mins into the first episode and its been a roller coaster ever since. The Boys reminds me of the era when all of the good movies were rated R...but better.

loved the first season. the first couple episodes of s2 were not nearly as good. haven't watched beyond that yet, but will.

as for a little grimier "super hero" shows, you should also watch the umbrella academy on netflix. it was pretty great.

When homelander lasered that entire crowd chanting against him i was in a state of shock.

Now it all wraps up to the nazi way of life creating the blonde-hair blue-eyed superior race.

Man this is such a greatly written show
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

T.C. wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 am loved the first season. the first couple episodes of s2 were not nearly as good. haven't watched beyond that yet, but will.

as for a little grimier "super hero" shows, you should also watch the umbrella academy on netflix. it was pretty great.
Damn...I have loved S2 so far. I can't wait to watch today's episode. Homelander is fucking great...I can't wait to see what he does to Mave and her girlfriend.

T.C. wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 am i'm only one episode behind now. it got way better pretty quickly. i WISH homelander had zapped that entire crowd. that was great.
When Homelander is enumerating the levels of representation in the Seven...i died.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm Holy crap last nights episode was amazing!
The way the writers weave all of the stories together is what makes this show so good. I kind of thought after the first season the novelty of watching Superman be an asshole would wear off, and I was wrong. Season 2 of the Boys was filled with fun, action, intrigue, and a lot of cunts. I'm going to have to go back to the end of episode seven and see where that Senator lady was when all of the heads started popping.