Re: League Watch 2020

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 pm
Glad to hear the years of U.S. influence are coming to the forefront of public behavior there.
Oh man. You would not believe how much of a consumer driven culture it is in Asia now. There are mega-malls all over the place and they are almost always packed with customers.
Starting to think the SK in "BluesSK" doesn't stand for Saskatchewan.
🤔❓

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:45 pm So whatcha guys want to talk about now?
Kennedy assassination
9/11
The Mandela Effect....was it Berenstein bears or Berenstain bears?
Does Tom Hanks really have Coronavirus?
So many things we could talk about
Bigfoot, aliens, and secret societies :bananaride:
I guess this entire forum is OT now :)
KA-KAW!

I gotta be honest...I’m so glad MLB the Show 20 is dropping tomorrow! Guess I’m gonna have some time for gaming now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Also just an FYI but Boomer on NHL radio stated that he thinks the season is over for good. Boom can tend to be negative guy but said he didn’t think there is going to be a Cup awarded this year.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:47 pm Also just an FYI but Boomer on NHL radio stated that he thinks the season is over for good. Boom can tend to be negative guy but said he didn’t think there is going to be a Cup awarded this year.
The FINAL Stanley Cup Champions! Your St. Louis Blues!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:47 pm Also just an FYI but Boomer on NHL radio stated that he thinks the season is over for good. Boom can tend to be negative guy but said he didn’t think there is going to be a Cup awarded this year.
Total fuck'n Bull Shit if that happens......................I mean, how long can this world abandon ship? Gimme a break

MattyIce wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am I can't believe you guys aren't asking the most important question. How does this impact your fantasy hockey league?
:lol:

Honestly, the thing that I am the most upset about is that I'm sure they are going to cancel the Battlehawks game next Saturday. I was really looking to that.
The XFL will have the ratings all to themselves. Big opportunity for them. They might just stick it out as long as possible.

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:57 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am I can't believe you guys aren't asking the most important question. How does this impact your fantasy hockey league?

Honestly, the thing that I am the most upset about is that I'm sure they are going to cancel the Battlehawks game next Saturday. I was really looking to that.
The XFL will have the ratings all to themselves. Big opportunity for them. They might just stick it out as long as possible.
City of St. Louis banned crowds of more than 1000 so I would imagine the XFL is gonna shut it down too.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm

City of St. Louis banned crowds of more than 1000 so I would imagine the XFL is gonna shut it down too.

What’s St Louis got? Like 1 case? WTF

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:12 pm

73 people tested two of which were positive both of which are 20 year old kids that traveled outside the USA. The media owns and controls us and they know it.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

But if the NHL wanted to jump right into the playoffs, the only equitable way would be through using points percentage rather than point totals, as teams have played an unequal number of games (between 69-71). If the playoffs start where the regular season was paused, you'd end up with the following series:

Eastern Conference:

A1 Boston Bruins (.714 points percentage) vs. WC2 New York Islanders (.588)
A2 Tampa Bay Lightning (.657) vs. A3 Toronto Maple Leafs (.579)
M1 Washington Capitals (.652) vs. WC1 Carolina Hurricanes (.596)
M2 Philadelphia Flyers (.645) vs. M3 Pittsburgh Penguins (.623)

Western Conference:

C1 St. Louis Blues (.662) vs. WC2 Calgary Flames (.564)
C2 Colorado Avalanche (.657) vs. C3 Dallas Stars (.594)
P1 Vegas Golden Knights (.606) vs. WC1 Nashville Predators (.565)
P2 Edmonton Oilers (.585) vs. P3 Vancouver Canucks (.565)

The Columbus Blue Jackets and Winnipeg Jets, who are currently in wild-card seeds via total points, would not make the playoff cut.

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:23 pm

73 people tested two of which were positive both of which are 20 year old kids that traveled outside the USA. The media owns and controls us and they know it.
We think a lot alike on this stuff, Tim.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:39 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:23 pm

We think a lot alike on this stuff, Tim.
Even better...330 million people or so in the USA...1245 positive cases and the media has the entire nation in a complete panic.

"Suck a dick Johansen"