Re: Missouri sports

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:36 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
barnburner wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 pm I quit watching the nfl even before the Rams left. It's all about gambling and ownership getting richer. With the number of kids participating each year, and the concussion lawsuits growing, it's a dying sport.
I think it's a dying sport too. They're lucky they came up with fantasy football to sustain a following. The quality of football has regressed, just isn't the same.
The bolded I 100% agree with.

Once they started changing rules to accomodate Tom Brady (no hitting qb's low aka the brady rule and the tuck rule) the game was and has been changed for the worse.
It’s ridiculous how they tinkered with the game. It got popular and was thriving for a reason, so why go and try to make changes? The changes they made to try and increase offense has ruined the game. Football was much better when teams had premier running backs and they ran most of their sets out of big formations. Smash mouth football was much better and the big plays you would see were a variety and more spontaneous. Now it’s all spread offense and dime defense and every play you see now is like a fuckn repeat. Every big play you see now is the same shit, it’s like a routine. And all you see now is scat backs. Football just isnt the same anymore. They fucked it up.