What high school did you go to? I went with Joe Buck!

LOL..I just thought I'd start this because RAFritchey mentioned he graduated with Joe Buck at Country Day & then I knew he's THAT Fritchey because I went there too!

I was a year or 2 below Joe Buck. Never really knew or talked to him. I think we exchanged a greeting outside of the locker room once. Somehow one semester we may have been in gym together. The semester he wasn't playing football. Of course back then NO ONE knew he'd be this MEGA broadcaster. He was nice from what I recall & I think he was a slightly above average student. Fritchey would know.

I hear most alumni HATE what's happened to Country Day. Of course now it's MICDS. It's almost unrecognizable from when I was there.

Re: What high school did you go to? I went with Joe Buck!

FederkoSutterHunter wrote:LOL..I just thought I'd start this because RAFritchey mentioned he graduated with Joe Buck at Country Day & then I knew he's THAT Fritchey because I went there too!

I was a year or 2 below Joe Buck. Never really knew or talked to him. I think we exchanged a greeting outside of the locker room once. Somehow one semester we may have been in gym together. The semester he wasn't playing football. Of course back then NO ONE knew he'd be this MEGA broadcaster. He was nice from what I recall & I think he was a slightly above average student. Fritchey would know.

I hear most alumni HATE what's happened to Country Day. Of course now it's MICDS. It's almost unrecognizable from when I was there.
When is the kegger at your parent's house, and can I buy an 8ball from your little sister?

It won't mean much to you St. Louisans (other than hating me for being a short-time Chicagoan) but I'll join this thread anyway. West Kildonan Collegiate (West Kildonan, Manitoba) for 3 years. (James A.) Bowen H.S., South Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Ha! Ha! So rafritchey is R.A. Fritchey. I had known his name since I first joined the old St. Louis Blues Official NHL Forum in 2001. I always thought his family name was Ritchey and he had 2 middle names like JRR Tolkien, because I had seen the name , Ritchey hundreds of times, and never seen "Fritchey". :lol:

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:12 pm
FederkoSutterHunter wrote:LOL..I just thought I'd start this because RAFritchey mentioned he graduated with Joe Buck at Country Day & then I knew he's THAT Fritchey because I went there too!

When is the kegger at your parent's house, and can I buy an 8ball from your little sister?
This made me lol.

Riverview Gardens in the early 70s, when Football and Wrestling were our bitches. We were the toughest White Kids in the County. The toughest White kids from the City were from Northwest in those days, and we fought them at the Halls Ferry Circle Steak and Shake smack dab on the border. Pretty sure one of the dreaded Tuck Brothers is still a bad ass at 60- setting some age specific strong man records recently.
I played on the Club Hockey team that drew hundreds to the Ice Chateau for our brawls against Hazelwood. That was their last year before they broke into three High Schools. They had six thousand students in shifts. We held our own against ‘em.
Then I almost grew up.

T.C. wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:26 am
barcthespark wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 pm Collinsville class of '78. We had a lot of great people in our class and quite a few have achieved success in their chosen fields, but the most well known publicly would be Michael Stipe.
he was from collinsville? wow, news to me. had no idea. my son is going to that school right now.
I didn't even know he had gone big time until I was in Grandpa's years ago, picked up an R.E.M. album and saw his high school photo on the back cover. I thought 'Hey, I recognize that guy!" LOL

The Big R.....better known as Ritenour. I was involved in the big Ritenour and Pattonville brawl at the Pattonville McDonalds which was on Lindbergh by Northwest plaza. Granted...I didn't go there to fight...I just stopped in for some food on the way home from a soccer game and had my Ritenour jersey on when the next thing I know, somebody cold cocked me like McLovin in Superbad.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm The Big R.....better known as Ritenour. I was involved in the big Ritenour and Pattonville brawl at the Pattonville McDonalds which was on Lindbergh by Northwest plaza. ...
You must be younger than me, TIM, because when I attended Ritenour their rivalry with Pattonville wasn't so strong. In my day, it was skirmishes in & around the stands with Normandy students at football games. But I was too busy watching the cheerleaders' high kicks ... "R-I-T...N-E-R...Ritner, Ritner, Ritner!"