R.I.P. Rose Marie

The one that got away in Turk's younger days. If only she had responded to his 100s of fan letters, rather than her parents handing them over to the FBI ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remembering Rose Marie’s Nine Decades in Show Business
From child stardom to Dick Van Dyke and beyond, Rose Marie was a dynamo who lived her whole life in the spotlight.
by Donald Liebenson
December 29, 2017 1:58 pm

She was a dynamo as Baby Rose Marie in the 1920s and 1930s. She was a pistol as comedy writer Sally Rogers on The Dick Van Dyke Show in the 1960s. And in 2017, she reemerged as a voice in the #MeToo movement. Rose Marie, who died Thursday in Van Nuys, California, was one of the last of a generation of entertainers whose career spanned vaudeville, radio, movies, Broadway, television, and social media. ...

The cause of death was undisclosed. She was 94.

Marie was a show-business prodigy. Born Rose Marie Mazzetta on August 15, 1923, she won a talent contest at the age of three; as a prize, NBC gave her her own radio show and a seven-year contract. Because of her brassy voice, she was sent on the road for personal appearances to prove she was, indeed, just a child. She made her screen debut in the 1929 short Baby Rose Marie the Child Wonder. Her most memorable film role was as a featured attraction belting out “My Bluebird’s Singing the Blues” in the 1933 W.C. Fields comedy International House. ...

Read & See more at: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... s-obituary

Re: R.I.P. Rose Marie

JMC-STL wrote:The one that got away in Turk's younger days. If only she had responded to his 100s of fan letters, rather than her parents handing them over to the FBI ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remembering Rose Marie’s Nine Decades in Show Business
From child stardom to Dick Van Dyke and beyond, Rose Marie was a dynamo who lived her whole life in the spotlight.
Rose-Marie-Obit[1].jpg
by Donald Liebenson
December 29, 2017 1:58 pm

She was a dynamo as Baby Rose Marie in the 1920s and 1930s. She was a pistol as comedy writer Sally Rogers on The Dick Van Dyke Show in the 1960s. And in 2017, she reemerged as a voice in the #MeToo movement. Rose Marie, who died Thursday in Van Nuys, California, was one of the last of a generation of entertainers whose career spanned vaudeville, radio, movies, Broadway, television, and social media. ...

The cause of death was undisclosed. She was 94.

Marie was a show-business prodigy. Born Rose Marie Mazzetta on August 15, 1923, she won a talent contest at the age of three; as a prize, NBC gave her her own radio show and a seven-year contract. Because of her brassy voice, she was sent on the road for personal appearances to prove she was, indeed, just a child. She made her screen debut in the 1929 short Baby Rose Marie the Child Wonder. Her most memorable film role was as a featured attraction belting out “My Bluebird’s Singing the Blues” in the 1933 W.C. Fields comedy International House. ...

Read & See more at: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... s-obituary
Who said that she got away?

Re: R.I.P. Rose Marie

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:You're confusing RM with my ex-wife...I'm still smiling over her checking out.
You are a very bitter man. Did that start before or after you became a Blues fan?
I was a Blues fan long before she came along...but I wasn't bitter much then, unless Andy Van Hellemond was calling the game...He was as bad as those two Bozos last night.