REAL Men ...

... wear shorts when they cut the lawn ...
---------------------------------------------------
Man who mowed lawn with tornado behind him says he 'was keeping an eye on it'
'It looks much closer if you look in the photo, but it was really far away'
The Canadian Press
Posted: Jun 04, 2017 9:03 AM MT
Last Updated: Jun 04, 2017 1:59 PM MT

A photo of a man in Alberta mowing a lawn with a tornado swirling behind him has been causing a bit of a storm on social media.

Cecilia Wessels snapped the picture of her husband, Theunis, on Friday evening as the twister passed near their home in Three Hills.

She says cutting the grass was on her husband's to-do list, and as he started the task, she went for a nap.

Wessels says she was woken by her nine-year-old daughter who was upset that there was something like a tornado in the sky, but her father wouldn't come inside. ...

"I literally took the picture to show my mum and dad in South Africa, 'Look there's a tornado,' and now everyone is like, 'Why is your husband mowing the lawn?"' Cecilia Wessels said Saturday. ...

Theunis Wessels said he was keeping watch of his surroundings and saw the twister form as the swirling connected from the sky and the ground to form the funnel.

Both said tornadoes are not common in South Africa, but Theunis said he watched a TV program about storm chasers, so he's familiar with them. ...

Read more at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/t ... -1.4145466

Re: REAL Men ...

Turk Sanderson wrote:Ya know what makes this worse??? Now his neighbors feel like they have to cut their grass too. While they are out there getting sucked up into the funnel, Mr Wessels, his family, and his lawn mower will be chillin' in the basement.
I hope they have a TV down there with them ... "Both said tornadoes are not common in South Africa, but Theunis said he watched a TV program about storm chasers, so he's familiar with them."

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Ya know what makes this worse??? Now his neighbors feel like they have to cut their grass too. While they are out there getting sucked up into the funnel, Mr Wessels, his family, and his lawn mower will be chillin' in the basement.
I hope they have a TV down there with them ... "Both said tornadoes are not common in South Africa, but Theunis said he watched a TV program about storm chasers, so he's familiar with them."
The lawn mowing genius is in Cal-Gary, I believe...his in-laws are in South Africa (an ideal arrangement for some people).

Turk Sanderson wrote:The lawn mowing genius is in Cal-Gary, I believe...his in-laws are in South Africa (an ideal arrangement for some people).
The "genius" lives in Three Hills, about 40 miles northwest of Cal-GAR-y. Still a world away from South Africa, but still not an excuse to wear shorts while mowing the lawn.

Turk Sanderson wrote:If I was a tornado, or a foreign dictator that was going to launch missiles at us, I'd plan my attack for 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of the month.
I'd choose "foreign dictator" if'n I wuz you, Turk. Less fleeting, more lucrative.