Re: OT: HFBoards

Robb_K wrote:Here goes one more try. I finally found the "attachments" button, and the assuring words "drag and drop into message". So. here is what I looked like while working in The Middle East from 1973-1988, from about 1983, when I was 38:
OMG - Robb_K was the eighth member of The Chicago Seven!
mail10.jpg mail10.jpg Viewed 14647 times 36.39 KiB

haha nice reference. i'm just glad i read the rest of the story so i didn't assume you had some giant staple attached to your head for some reason.

and of course i get guys that are "in sanitation" here. you're really good fellas. you know, one of us.

Robb_K wrote: Thanks for the support, T.C. People didn't even have TV in their house when I was a kid. All this computer stuff comes pretty hard. I'm amazed that I was able to learn how to E-mail, and the difference between opening a new window and a new tab, and the like. I won't even go near using "The Cloud".

I'll try using the upload tool again, but, I'd swear that I did everything according to the instructions, and it still didn't work.
Really?? TV came to St.Louis in 1947 so I'm sure you Canucks got it about the same time. Since you were a kid in the 1950s I would think TV was around although not ubiquitous.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Robb_K wrote: Thanks for the support, T.C. People didn't even have TV in their house when I was a kid. All this computer stuff comes pretty hard. I'm amazed that I was able to learn how to E-mail, and the difference between opening a new window and a new tab, and the like. I won't even go near using "The Cloud".

I'll try using the upload tool again, but, I'd swear that I did everything according to the instructions, and it still didn't work.
Really?? TV came to St.Louis in 1947 so I'm sure you Canucks got it about the same time. Since you were a kid in the 1950s I would think TV was around although not ubiquitous.
It wasn't until about 1955 that everyone in our neighbourhood had a TV in their houses. We got ours in 1953 (one of the first on our street).

Forgive me for going on a mini rant but sometimes that site drives me INSANE, even more than the Asylum. It's a FORUM. You should be allowed to post an opinion without someone posting "your wrong for having that opinion". I'm all about having a discussion, but being told there's no basis for my point, only for me to refute it with a DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE COACH. Ugh...I'm sorry if said person is on this forum as well, but seriously...do your research before saying I have no basis.

If I think a Player X isn't worth a certain salary to play a certain role and I would rather see a rookie play it (if he's deemed ready by GM and coach) than over pay said player, than that's my OPINION. That doesn't mean it's what's going to happen, or even should happen. It's an OPINION.

Also, I don't understand if some people are illiterate or if they deliberately decide to not follow or understand context of a post.

Sorry guys. I know I don't post much at all and maybe my hockey knowledge seems limited, but this kind of thing bugs the crap out of me. We're all fans on a hockey forum, the majority of us are NOT general managers, team execs, coaches, or professional writers/analysts for NBC, Sportsnet, THN, TSN, Athletic, NHL.com, or local/national papers. Your opinion is not more valid than mine just because you think so. And for the love of god, if you're going to tell me I'm wrong, make sure you're 100% right. "Or you know what they say, people in glass houses sink ships." "Now why don't you make like a tree, and get the F*** out of here"

EDIT: I really love HF because it's funny to read things on there. There also interesting discussions that can happen. But some posters are almost as bad as the Asylum crazies.

wannabebluesplayer wrote:... EDIT: I really love HF because it's funny to read things on there. There also interesting discussions that can happen. But some posters are almost as bad as the Asylum crazies.
On the basis of sheer membership numbers, HF Boards is bound to have more haters AND more thoughtful posters than other forum sites. The haters tend to bunch up in the team forums, where passion outweighs logic by a wide margin. That's why I tend to stick to the League-level & general topic forums on HFB, the latter where there are some remarkably creative topics posted on a semi-regular basis. Not that we don't get plenty of that here, right? :?

JMC-STL wrote:
wannabebluesplayer wrote:... EDIT: I really love HF because it's funny to read things on there. There also interesting discussions that can happen. But some posters are almost as bad as the Asylum crazies.
On the basis of sheer membership numbers, HF Boards is bound to have more haters AND more thoughtful posters than other forum sites. The haters tend to bunch up in the team forums, where passion outweighs logic by a wide margin. That's why I tend to stick to the League-level & general topic forums on HFB, the latter where there are some remarkably creative topics posted on a semi-regular basis. Not that we don't get plenty of that here, right? :?
The thing I HATE about that place is they're so TOUCHY. They're run by crackpot social justice warriors or something. If you say one little thing that may be considered critical of the team they BAN you outright from that team's forum.

It's INSANE. It's like how the world would look if liberals ran everything! :lol:

blue to the bone wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:wow, holy crap robb, that speaks volumes. sounds like you could write a book. i'd be into hearing those stories.
Like I said before...that Dos Equis guy, he wishes he was Robb K.
That's no shit! He's seen all that and all I can say I've seen is....... Graceland.....
I've never seen Graceland, nor Disney World (despite working for Disney in Europe). I've never even seen Disney) World Paris, despite being offered free tickets to it with our Dutch group). I've never been to Hawaii, nor Florida, Georgia, Alabama nor South Carolina, and only been in New York City for 1,5 days, other than being in Kennedy Airport 150 times, or so.

I worked in The 3rd World for 20 years, where you don't have to look hard for adventures or trouble. They come to you. However, if you want more "adventures", life risk, and trouble, it pays to be foolish, like some of are when we are young.

JMC-STL wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:... Or we cold just bring a cardboard cutout Rob. Rob, we need a good photo of you for your cardboard you.
I figger we can just use the image in Robb's signature line to make a likeness of his head. For a man of his advanced ... maturity, it's the only thing that's left workin' right anyway.
You're wrong there. I can still lift 100 lbs. over my head, and I still ran the the 100 meters in around 11 seconds 5 years ago. My body probably works better than my head. You'd know that if you noticed that often I can't even remember what forum thread I'm on! :lol: Just use Red Green's body with my face. I wear plaid long-sleeve shirts and overalls (he's been copying me for over 20 years)! But I've been doing that all my life, and started my beard and mustache at 17 - LONG before that upstart identity thief. :lol:

Anyway, I'm hoping Siberian Tiger and I and a few others from Europe will show up in St. Louis when The Blues finally make The Stanley Cup Finals again.

Robb_K wrote:You're wrong there. I can still lift 100 lbs. over my head, and I still ran the the 100 meters in around 11 seconds 5 years ago. My body probably works better than my head. ... Just use Red Green's body with my face. I wear plaid long-sleeve shirts and overalls (he's been copying me for over 20 years)! ...
So you're a cross between George Costanza & Steve Smith ...

[youtube][/youtube]

JMC-STL wrote:
Robb_K wrote:You're wrong there. I can still lift 100 lbs. over my head, and I still ran the the 100 meters in around 11 seconds 5 years ago. My body probably works better than my head. ... Just use Red Green's body with my face. I wear plaid long-sleeve shirts and overalls (he's been copying me for over 20 years)! ...
So you're a cross between George Costanza & Steve Smith.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe a more athletic and more intelligent, senile George Costanza, with a sense of humor when coherent. :mrgreen: When not, I'm a highly intelligent imbecile, and the butt of jokes at pretentious cocktail parties. :o

FederkoSutterHunter wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
The thing I HATE about that place is they're so TOUCHY. They're run by crackpot social justice warriors or something. If you say one little thing that may be considered critical of the team they BAN you outright from that team's forum.
It's INSANE. It's like how the world would look if liberals ran everything! :lol:
The US conservatives are no better. The highest level of Human government that works is a village council (and only in a small village, at that).