Re: Images in signatures

At least I've got a link to my picture there now. T.C. should now be able to tell me how to make the image appear on our Forum pages. It didn't work with my surrounding the URL address with [img URL [/img. What is this website tool for making images viewable? I see that we are not allowed to use "img"BB codes.

Can I just upload an image directly from my computer if it meets the size requirements?

Re: True or False

Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Why are you using the third party?
Are you saying that I can upload any image that would fit size restrictions directly from my computer?
Yep, the pic that I left you is the correct size...save it to your download file, and upload it to your avatar slot.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Why are you using the third party?
Are you saying that I can upload any image that would fit size restrictions directly from my computer?
Yep, the pic that I left you is the correct size...save it to your download file, and upload it to your avatar slot.
I already have that photo in a correct size. But I don't want it in my Avatar. I want it in my Signature.

I don't want to appear stupid, but what is "my download file" and where is it located? Is it on this website in my Profile?

I see that there is a "browse" function in the "edit Avatar" mode. But THAT'S not my problem. My Avatar (Canadian flag) is showing. I used to have my photo in my Signature box. But now, all I can get is a link to my 3rd party host page. It should be easy for T.C. to explain to me how a photo can be placed in the Signature box, unless he has de-activated that function. The link to the 3rd party site works. So, I imagine that photos from such a page could show up directly in the box, too.

Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
I already have that photo in a correct size. But I don't want it in my Avatar. I want it in my Signature.

I don't want to appear stupid, but what is "my download file" and where is it located? Is it on this website in my Profile?
Your download file is in your computer.

I'm back, baby!!! Yahoooo!!!! The old man defeats the evils of technology for the first time. I tried out IMGUR instead of continuing with that user unfriendly imgBB, which has NO instructions, and leaves you guessing how it works.

Thanks. I just moved to a different 3rd party hoster (IMGUR) that has instructions that a normal person can actually follow, and it was just as easy as Photobucket and Imageshack were. ImgBB was about as user unfriendly as can be, with NO instructions. I just gave up.

Please remove all of my, yours and Turk's OT posts on the "True or False" hockey thread.

DANG IT, I was that close to getting Robb_K's image uploaded to my own signature block & stealing his on-line identity! Then all I'd need was that hat & a few more teeth, and I could transform myself into ... "Robb_2K" ... :twisted:
Last edited by JMC-STL on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

T.C. wrote:the host i recommended in the first post? cool.
Yeah, the only reason I hadn't done that before was that someone advised me that you can upload 3rd party hosted images on IMGUR with joining and becoming a member. I tried that, and it didn't work. So, I thought that website was user unfriendly, and just tried ImgBB. But, after finding out how user unfriendly ImgBB was, I went back to IMGUR and bit the bullet and joined up. And, lo and behold, - it is as easy and user friendly as Photobucket and Imageshack were for me in the past. BOTH of them finally stopped giving 3rd Party hosting, so I had to go elsewhere. IMGUR probably will stop giving it sometime in the future. But, i can probably get 5 years or so. I got about 10 years of free hosting, and 500 images each. So, that wasn't too shabby, eh?

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:DANG IT, I was that close to getting Robb_K's image uploaded to my own signature block & stealing his on-line identity!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you can still pretend to be Red Green! :mrgreen:
No, he'd be more like Harold. :lol:
I'd prefer to be compared to "Bill Smith" of "Adventures with Bill" fame ...

[youtube][/youtube]